Dr. Singh has received consultancy fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria (less than $10,000 each) from Allergan, Novartis, Regeneron, Saviant, and URL, and (more than $10,000 each) from Areda and Takeda.
Sex and Surgical Outcomes and Mortality After Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Risk-Adjusted Analysis†
Article first published online: 1 JUL 2013
Copyright © 2013 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 65, Issue 7, pages 1095–1102, July 2013
How to Cite
Singh, J. A., Kwoh, C. K., Richardson, D., Chen, W. and Ibrahim, S. A. (2013), Sex and Surgical Outcomes and Mortality After Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Risk-Adjusted Analysis. Arthritis Care Res, 65: 1095–1102. doi: 10.1002/acr.21953
The views expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the position or policy of the Department of Veterans Affairs or the United States Government.
- Issue published online: 1 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 1 JUL 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 17 JAN 2013 10:54AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 23 AUG 2012
- Arthritis Foundation, Western Pennsylvania Chapter
- National Institute on Aging
- National Cancer Institute
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Centers for Education & Research on Therapeutics
- Birmingham VA Medical Center, Alabama
- National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. Grant Number: K24-AR-055259
- 1Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project. HCUP facts and figures 2009, section 3: inpatient hospital stays by procedure. Exhibit 3.1: most frequent all-listed procedures. URL: http://hcup-us.ahrq.gov/reports/factsandfigures/2009/pdfs/FF_2009_section3.pdf.
- 3National Institutes of Health.National consensus statement on total knee replacement.NIH Consens State Sci Statements2003;20:1–32.
- 6The Dartmouth atlas of musculoskeletal health care.Chicago:AHA Press;2000., .
- 18Testing of 3M's APR-DRG risk adjustment for hospital mortality outcomes [abstract]. Presented at the Academy for Health Services Research and Health Policy meeting;2002. p.11..
- 22Modeling survival data: extending the Cox model.New York:Springer;2000., .
- 29Rates and outcomes of primary and revision total hip replacement in the United States Medicare population.J Bone Joint Surg Am2003;85:27–32., , , , , , et al.
- 31Impact of sex on cardiovascular outcome in patients at high cardiovascular risk: analysis of the Telmisartan Randomized Assessment Study in ACE-Intolerant Subjects With Cardiovascular Disease (TRANSCEND) and the Ongoing Telmisartan Alone and in Combination With Ramipril Global End Point Trial (ONTARGET).Circulation2012;126:934–41., , , , , , et al.
- 32Social, behavioral, and biological factors, and sex differences in mortality.Demography2010;47:555–78., , , .