The views expressed herein are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the NIH.
Impact of Statin Use on Lipid Levels in Statin-Naive Patients With Rheumatoid Arthritis Versus Non–Rheumatoid Arthritis Subjects: Results From a Population-Based Study†
Version of Record online: 24 SEP 2013
Copyright © 2013 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 65, Issue 10, pages 1592–1599, October 2013
How to Cite
Myasoedova, E., Gabriel, S. E., Green, A. B., Matteson, E. L. and Crowson, C. S. (2013), Impact of Statin Use on Lipid Levels in Statin-Naive Patients With Rheumatoid Arthritis Versus Non–Rheumatoid Arthritis Subjects: Results From a Population-Based Study. Arthritis Care Res, 65: 1592–1599. doi: 10.1002/acr.22029
- Issue online: 24 SEP 2013
- Version of Record online: 24 SEP 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 16 APR 2013 08:54AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 26 OCT 2012
- NIH/National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. Grant Number: R01-AR-46849
- National Institute on Aging. Grant Number: R01-AG-034676
- 5Inflammation, immunity, and HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors: statins as antiinflammatory agents?Circulation2004; Suppl 1:II18–26., .
- 19Reaching target lipid levels in patients at high risk of cardiovascular event: the experience of a Canadian tertiary care lipid clinic.Cent Eur J Public Health2007;15:106–9., , , , .
- 21Treatment to lipid targets in patients with inflammatory joint diseases in a preventive cardio-rheuma clinic.Ann Rheum Dis. E-pub ahead of print., , , , , .
- 22Baseline low-density lipoprotein cholesterol is an important predictor of the benefit of intensive lipid-lowering therapy: a PROVE IT-TIMI 22 (pravastatin or atorvastatin evaluation and infection therapy-thrombolysis in myocardial infarction 22) analysis.J Am Coll Cardiol2008;52:914–20., , , , , , et al.