Dr. Schumacher has received fees for his role as Section Editor for UpToDate.
Readability and Suitability Assessment of Patient Education Materials in Rheumatic Diseases
Version of Record online: 24 SEP 2013
Copyright © 2013 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 65, Issue 10, pages 1702–1706, October 2013
How to Cite
Rhee, R. L., Von Feldt, J. M., Schumacher, H. R. and Merkel, P. A. (2013), Readability and Suitability Assessment of Patient Education Materials in Rheumatic Diseases. Arthritis Care Res, 65: 1702–1706. doi: 10.1002/acr.22046
- Issue online: 24 SEP 2013
- Version of Record online: 24 SEP 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 17 MAY 2013 02:04PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 3 NOV 2012
- NIH. Grant Number: Training grant T32-DK07785
- 6U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. National action plan to improve health literacy.2010. URL: http://www.health.gov/communication/hlactionplan/pdf/Health_Literacy_Action_Plan.pdf.
- 72006. URL: http://nces.ed.gov/pubs2006/2006483.pdf., , , . The health literacy of America's adults: results from the 2003 National Assessment of Adult Literacy.
- 8Teaching patients with low literacy skills. 2nd ed.Philadelphia:JB Lippincott Company;1996., , .
- 12Suitability Assessment of Materials (SAM).Washington, DC:American Public Health Association;1994., , , .
- 17Patient attitudes and preferences regarding literacy screening in ambulatory cancer care clinics.Patient Relat Outcome Meas2010;1:19–27., , , .