The views expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of the NHS, NIHR, or Department of Health.
Assessment of Chronic Postsurgical Pain After Knee Replacement: A Systematic Review†
Article first published online: 28 OCT 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Arthritis Care & Research is published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. on behalf of the American College of Rheumatology. This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial License, which permits use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial purposes.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial purposes.
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 65, Issue 11, pages 1795–1803, November 2013
How to Cite
Wylde, V., Bruce, J., Beswick, A., Elvers, K. and Gooberman-Hill, R. (2013), Assessment of Chronic Postsurgical Pain After Knee Replacement: A Systematic Review. Arthritis Care Res, 65: 1795–1803. doi: 10.1002/acr.22050
- Issue published online: 28 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 28 OCT 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 5 JUN 2013 09:20AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 24 JAN 2013
- NIHR in England under its Programme Grants for Applied Research programme. Grant Number: RP-PG-0407-10070
- 1National Joint Registry.8th annual report 2011.Hemel Hempstead (UK):NJR Centre;2011.
- 2Health-related quality of life in total hip and total knee arthroplasty: a qualitative and systematic review of the literature.J Bone Joint Surg Am2004;86:963–74., , , , .
- 6Temporal trends in hip and knee replacement in the United Kingdom: 1991 to 2006.J Bone Joint Surg Br2010;92:130–5., , , , , .
- 8Chronic pain after surgery or injury. In:Pain clinical updates.Seattle:International Association for the Study of Pain;2011., .
- 10Patient expectations of arthroplasty of the hip and knee.J Bone Joint Surg Br2012;94:974–81., , , , , .
- 17Rationale of the Knee Society Clinical Rating System.Clin Orthop Relat Res1989;248:13–4., , , .
- 27The 100 classic papers of orthopaedic surgery: a bibliometric analysis.J Bone Joint Surg Br2010;92:1338–43., , , , .
- 28Validity and responsiveness of the Knee Society Clinical Rating System in comparison with the SF-36 and WOMAC.J Bone Joint Surg Am2001;83:1856–64., , , , .
- 32High quality care for all: NHS Next Stage Review final report.Norwich (UK):The Stationary Office;2008..
- 33Let's all go to the PROM: the case for routine patient-reported outcome measurement in Canadian healthcare.Healthc Pap2011;11:8–18., , .
- 35Characteristics and trends of orthopedic publications between 2000 and 2009.Clin Orthop Surg2011;3:225–9., , , , , , et al.
- 36The COMET (Core Outcome Measures in Effectiveness Trials) Initiative: its role in improving cochrane reviews.Cochrane Database Syst Rev2012;5:ED000041., .