Dr. Emery has received consulting fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria (less than $10,000 each) from Abbott, BMS, Janssen, MSD, Novartis, Pfizer, Roche, and UCB.
Golimumab, a Human Anti–Tumor Necrosis Factor Monoclonal Antibody, Injected Subcutaneously Every 4 Weeks in Patients With Active Rheumatoid Arthritis Who Had Never Taken Methotrexate: 1-Year and 2-Year Clinical, Radiologic, and Physical Function Findings of a Phase III, Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study†
Version of Record online: 28 OCT 2013
Copyright © 2013 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 65, Issue 11, pages 1732–1742, November 2013
How to Cite
Emery, P., Fleischmann, R. M., Doyle, M. K., Strusberg, I., Durez, P., Nash, P., Amante, E., Churchill, M., Park, W., Pons-Estel, B., Xu, W., Xu, S., Wu, Z. and Hsia, E. C. (2013), Golimumab, a Human Anti–Tumor Necrosis Factor Monoclonal Antibody, Injected Subcutaneously Every 4 Weeks in Patients With Active Rheumatoid Arthritis Who Had Never Taken Methotrexate: 1-Year and 2-Year Clinical, Radiologic, and Physical Function Findings of a Phase III, Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study. Arthritis Care Res, 65: 1732–1742. doi: 10.1002/acr.22072
ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00264537. EudraCT database no. 2004-003295-10.
- Issue online: 28 OCT 2013
- Version of Record online: 28 OCT 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 16 JUL 2013 10:17AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 16 JAN 2013
- Janssen Research and Development, LLC, a Johnson & Johnson pharmaceutical company
- 4Anti–Tumor Necrosis Factor Trial in Rheumatoid Arthritis with Concomitant Therapy Study Group.Sustained improvement over two years in physical function, structural damage, and signs and symptoms among patients with rheumatoid arthritis treated with infliximab and methotrexate.Arthritis Rheum2004;50:1051–65., , , , , , et al, for the
- 5Active-Controlled Study of Patients Receiving Infliximab for the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis of Early Onset Study Group.Combination of infliximab and methotrexate therapy for early rheumatoid arthritis: a randomized, controlled trial.Arthritis Rheum2004;50:3432–43., , , , , , et al, for the
- 6Adalimumab, a fully human anti–tumor necrosis factor α monoclonal antibody, for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis in patients taking concomitant methotrexate: the ARMADA trial.Arthritis Rheum2003;48:35–45., , , , , , et al.
- 7Adalimumab, a fully human anti-tumor necrosis factor-α monoclonal antibody, and concomitant standard antirheumatic therapy for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis: results of STAR (Safety Trial of Adalimumab in Rheumatoid Arthritis).J Rheumatol2003;30:2563–71., , , , , , et al.
- 10TEMPO (Trial of Etanercept and Methotrexate with Radiographic Patient Outcomes) Study Investigators.Therapeutic effect of the combination of etanercept and methotrexate compared with each treatment alone in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: double-blind randomised controlled trial.Lancet2004;363:675–81., , , , , , et al, for the
- 12PREMIER Investigators.The PREMIER study: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind clinical trial of combination therapy with adalimumab plus methotrexate versus methotrexate alone or adalimumab alone in patients with early, aggressive rheumatoid arthritis who had not had previous methotrexate treatment.Arthritis Rheum2006;54:26–37., , , , , , et al, for the
- 13Golimumab, a human anti–tumor necrosis factor α monoclonal antibody, injected subcutaneously every four weeks in methotrexate-naive patients with active rheumatoid arthritis: twenty-four–week results of a phase III, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of golimumab before methotrexate as first-line therapy for early-onset rheumatoid arthritis.Arthritis Rheum2009;60:2272–83., , , , , , et al.
- 14The effects of golimumab on radiographic progression in rheumatoid arthritis: results of randomized controlled studies of golimumab before methotrexate therapy and golimumab after methotrexate therapy.Arthritis Rheum2011;63:1200–10., , , , , , et al.
- 19Development and validation of the European League Against Rheumatism response criteria for rheumatoid arthritis: comparison with the preliminary American College of Rheumatology and the World Health Organization/International League Against Rheumatism criteria.Arthritis Rheum1996;39:34–40., , , , , .
- 20Validation of the 28-joint Disease Activity Score (DAS28) and European League Against Rheumatism response criteria based on C-reactive protein against disease progression in patients with rheumatoid arthritis, and comparison with the DAS28 based on erythrocyte sedimentation rate.Ann Rheum Dis2009;68:954–60., , , , , , et al.
- 28Active-Controlled Study of Patients Receiving Infliximab for the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis of Early Onset (ASPIRE) Study Group.Predictors of joint damage in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis treated with high-dose methotrexate with or without concomitant infliximab: results from the ASPIRE trial.Arthritis Rheum2006;54:702–10., , , , , , et al, for the
- 29TEMPO Study Investigators.Comparison of etanercept and methotrexate, alone and combined, in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis: two-year clinical and radiographic results from the TEMPO study, a double-blind, randomized trial.Arthritis Rheum2006;54:1063–74., , , , , , et al, for the
- 30Comprehensive tuberculosis screening program in patients with inflammatory arthritides treated with golimumab, a human anti–tumor necrosis factor antibody, in phase III clinical trials.Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken)2013;65:309–13., , , , , , et al.
- 31Interferon-γ release assay versus tuberculin skin test prior to treatment with golimumab, a human anti–tumor necrosis factor antibody, in patients with rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, or ankylosing spondylitis.Arthritis Rheum2012;64:2068–77., , , , , , et al.