Lifetime Risk of Total Knee Replacement and Temporal Trends in Incidence by Health Care Setting, Socioeconomic Status, and Geographic Location
Version of Record online: 24 FEB 2014
Copyright © 2014 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 66, Issue 3, pages 424–431, March 2014
How to Cite
Bohensky, M. A., Ackerman, I., DeSteiger, R., Gorelik, A. and Brand, C. A. (2014), Lifetime Risk of Total Knee Replacement and Temporal Trends in Incidence by Health Care Setting, Socioeconomic Status, and Geographic Location. Arthritis Care Res, 66: 424–431. doi: 10.1002/acr.22122
- Issue online: 24 FEB 2014
- Version of Record online: 24 FEB 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 27 AUG 2013 03:26PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Received: 5 FEB 2013
- National Health and Medical Research Council of Australia Public Health (Australian). Grant Number: Early Career Fellowship (520004)
- 10Australian Bureau of Statistics.3101.0 Australian demographic statistics.Canberra:ACT;2012.
- 11Australian Bureau of Statistics.3235.0: population by age and sex, regions of Australia,2010.Canberra:Australian Bureau of Statistics; 2011.
- 12Australian Bureau of Statistics.Technical paper census of population and housing: Socio-Economic Index for Areas (SEIFA).Canberra:Australian Bureau of Statistics;2004.
- 13Australian Bureau of Statistics.Population estimates by remoteness area, 2001 to 2010: report 3218.0.Canberra:Australian Bureau of Statistics;2011.
- 14Australian Bureau of Statistics.3302.2.55.001 life tables, Victoria, 2007-2009.Canberra:Australian Bureau of Statistics;2010.
- 15Introducing ICD-10-AM in Australian hospitals.Med J Aust1998;169 Suppl:S32–5., , .
- 17Australian Orthopaedic Association National Joint Replacement Registry.Annual report.Adelaide:Australian Orthopaedic Association;2012.
- 18DoctorConnect. District of workforce shortage.2013. URL: http://www.doctorconnect.gov.au/internet/otd/Publishing.nsf/Content/dwsFactsheet.
- 21Introduction to categorical statistics. In: Rothman KJ, Greenland S, Lash TL, editors.Modern epidemiology. 3rd ed.Philadelphia:Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins;1998. p.238–57., .
- 24Private health insurance in OECD countries: the benefits and costs for individuals and health systems.Paris:Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development;2004., .
- 32Australian Bureau of Statistics.Private health insurance: a snapshot, 2004-05. Report no. 4815.0.55.001. :Canberra: Australian Bureau of Statistics;2006.
- 33Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW).Waiting times for elective surgery in Australia 1999-00: AIHW cat. no.HSE 18. Canberra:AIHW (Health Services Series no. 18);2001.
- 34Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW).Australian hospital statistics 2008-09. Health services series no.17. Cat. no. HSE 84. Canberra:AIHW;2010.
- 39Australian Bureau of Statistics.3235.0: population by age and sex, regions of Australia, 2008,Canberra:ACT;2009.