Who Makes It to the Base? Selection Procedure for a Physical Activity Trial Targeting People With Rheumatoid Arthritis
Article first published online: 22 APR 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Arthritis Care & Research is published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. on behalf of the American College of Rheumatology.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License, which permits use and distribution in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, the use is non-commercial and no modifications or adaptations are made.
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 66, Issue 5, pages 662–670, May 2014
How to Cite
Nordgren, B., Fridén, C., Demmelmaier, I. and Opava, C. H. (2014), Who Makes It to the Base? Selection Procedure for a Physical Activity Trial Targeting People With Rheumatoid Arthritis. Arthritis Care Res, 66: 662–670. doi: 10.1002/acr.22189
- Issue published online: 22 APR 2014
- Article first published online: 22 APR 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 7 OCT 2013 12:28PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Received: 12 JUL 2013
- Swedish Research Council, Combine Sweden
- Swedish Rheumatism Association
- Strategic Research Programme in Care Sciences
- National Postgraduate School of Health Care Sciences
- 1Dynamic exercise programs (aerobic capacity and/or muscle strength training) in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2009;4:CD006853., , , , .
- 4Anti-Rheumatic Therapy in Sweden (ARTIS) Study Group.Treatment with tumor necrosis factor inhibitors and the risk of acute coronary syndromes in early rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 2012;64:42–52., , , , , for the
- 8Physical activity in rheumatoid arthritis: a systematic review. J Phys Act Health 2012;9:1036–48., , .
- 22Predicting aerobic exercise participation: social cognitive, reasoned action and planned behavior models. J Sport Exerc Psychol 1993;15:363–74., .
- 23Toward a model of exercise motivation. J Sport Exerc Psychol 1989;11:251–69..
- 27The transtheoretical model: research review of exercise behavior in older adults. In: Burbank P, Riebe D, editors.Promotion exercise and behavior change in older adults: interventions with the transtheoretical model.New York:Springer;2002. p.147–80., .
- 35Effects of regular exercise on pain, fatigue, and disability in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Fam Community Health 2006;29:320–7., , , .
- 48Psychological therapies for the management of chronic pain (excluding headache) in adults. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2012;11:CD007407., , .