Dr. Vastert has received consultant fees (less than $10,000) from Novartis.
Validation of Relapse Risk Biomarkers for Routine Use in Patients With Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis†
Version of Record online: 27 MAY 2014
Copyright © 2014 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 66, Issue 6, pages 949–955, June 2014
How to Cite
Rothmund, F., Gerss, J., Ruperto, N., Däbritz, J., Wittkowski, H., Frosch, M., Wulffraat, N. M., Wedderburn, L. R., Holzinger, D., Gohar, F., Vastert, S. J., Brik, R., Job Deslandre, C., Melo-Gomes, J. A., Saad Magalhães, C., Barcellona, R., Russo, R., Gattorno, M., Martini, A., Roth, J., Foell, D. and for the Paediatric Rheumatology International Trials Organisation (PRINTO) (2014), Validation of Relapse Risk Biomarkers for Routine Use in Patients With Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis. Arthritis Care Res, 66: 949–955. doi: 10.1002/acr.22248
- Issue online: 27 MAY 2014
- Version of Record online: 27 MAY 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 10 DEC 2013 02:32PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Received: 28 JUN 2013
- Interdisciplinary Centre of Clinical Research at the University of Munster. Grant Number: IZKF CRA04
- Sparks. Grant Number: 08ICH09
- European Union Seventh Framework Programme. Grant Number: EC-GA 305266 MIAMI
- The clinical trial was supported by grants from the nonprofit organization PRINTO (Paediatric Rheumatology International Trials Organisation)
- 1Monitoring neutrophil activation in juvenile rheumatoid arthritis by S100A12 serum concentrations. Arthritis Rheum 2004;50:1286–95., , , , , , et al.
- 2Expression of myeloid-related proteins 8 and 14 in systemic-onset juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 2003;48:2622–6., , , , , , et al.
- 3Methotrexate treatment in juvenile idiopathic arthritis: when is the right time to stop?Ann Rheum Dis 2004;63:206–8., , , , , .
- 4Phagocyte-derived S100 proteins in autoinflammation: putative role in pathogenesis and usefulness as biomarkers. Clin Immunol 2013;14:229–41., , .
- 5Neutrophil derived human S100A12 (EN-RAGE) is strongly expressed during chronic active inflammatory bowel disease. Gut 2003;52:847–53., , , , , , et al.
- 6Calcium-dependent secretion in human neutrophils: a proteomic approach. Electrophoresis 2000;21:665–72., .
- 7Myeloid-related protein (MRP) 8 and MRP14, calcium-binding proteins of the S100 family, are secreted by activated monocytes via a novel, tubulin-dependent pathway. J Biol Chem 1997;272:9496–502., , , , , .
- 8Phagocyte-specific S100 proteins and high-sensitivity C reactive protein as biomarkers for a risk-adapted treatment to maintain remission in juvenile idiopathic arthritis: a comparative study. Ann Rheum Dis 2012;71:1991–7., , , , , , et al.
- 9Methotrexate withdrawal at 6 vs 12 months in juvenile idiopathic arthritis in remission: a randomized clinical trial. JAMA 2010;303:1266–73., , , , , , et al.
- 10The Toll-like receptor 4 agonist MRP8/14 protein complex is a sensitive indicator for disease activity and predicts relapses in systemic-onset juvenile idiopathic arthritis. Ann Rheum Dis 2012;71:974–80., , , , , , et al.
- 11Index for rating diagnostic tests. Cancer 1950;3:32–5..