Association of Polymyalgia Rheumatica With Socioeconomic Status in Primary Care: A Cross-Sectional Observational Study
Article first published online: 27 MAY 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Arthritis Care & Research is published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. on behalf of the American College of Rheumatology.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License, which permits use and distribution in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, the use is non-commercial and no modifications or adaptations are made.
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 66, Issue 6, pages 956–960, June 2014
How to Cite
Hayward, R. A., Rathod, T., Muller, S., Hider, S. L., Roddy, E. and Mallen, C. D. (2014), Association of Polymyalgia Rheumatica With Socioeconomic Status in Primary Care: A Cross-Sectional Observational Study. Arthritis Care Res, 66: 956–960. doi: 10.1002/acr.22276
- Issue published online: 27 MAY 2014
- Article first published online: 27 MAY 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 8 JAN 2014 09:41AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Received: 2 JUL 2013
- 1Polymyalgia rheumatica: diagnosis, prescribing, and monitoring in general practice. Br J Gen Pract 2013;63:e361–6., , .
- 2Incidence of diagnosed polymyalgia rheumatica and temporal arteritis in the United Kingdom, 1990-2001. Ann Rheum Dis 2006;65:1093–8., , .
- 3Epidemiology of polymyalgia rheumatica in Olmsted County, Minnesota, 1970–1991. Arthritis Rheum 1995;38:369–73., , , .
- 4Places, people and their physical and mental functional health. J Epidemiol Community Health 2004;58:333–9., .
- 5Neighbourhood deprivation and incidence of coronary heart disease: a multilevel study of 2.6 million women and men in Sweden. J Epidemiol Community Health 2004;58:71–7., , .
- 6Social variations in access to hospital care for patients with colorectal, breast, and lung cancer between 1999 and 2006: retrospective analysis of hospital episode statistics. BMJ 2010;340:b5479., , , , , .
- 7Socioeconomic status and the risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis: results from the Swedish EIRA study. Ann Rheum Dis 2005;64:1588–94., , , .
- 8Associations of educational attainment, occupation, and community poverty with hip osteoarthritis. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 2013;65:954–61., , , , , , et al.
- 9Socioeconomic position, race/ethnicity, and inflammation in the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis. Circulation 2007;116:2383–90., , , , , .
- 10Ischaemic manifestations in giant cell arteritis are associated with area level socio-economic deprivation, but not cardiovascular risk factors. Rheumatology (Oxford) 2011;50:2014–22., , , , , , et al.
- 11Corticosteroid requirements in polymyalgia rheumatica. Arch Intern Med 1999;159:577–84., , , , .
- 12The prevalence of pain and pain interference in a general population of older adults: cross-sectional findings from the North Staffordshire Osteoarthritis Project (NorStOP). Pain 2004;110:361–8., , , , .
- 13Multilevel analysis: an introduction to basic and advanced multilevel modelling.London:Sage;1999., .
- 14MLwiN, version 2.25.Bristol (UK):Centre for Multilevel Modelling, University of Bristol;2012., , , , .
- 15Data quality of general practice electronic health records: the impact of a program of assessments, feedback and training. J Am Med Inform Assoc 2004;11:78–86., , , , , , et al.