The authors thank Gaspar Ritter, Kuryala Lodge, Araguaia, for providing us the Araipamas scales and Marcel de Roure for making all the contacts that made this possible. Without proper specimens this research could not have been conducted. Discussions with Prof. J. McKittrick are gratefully acknowledged. This research was funded by NSF DMR Biomaterials Program (Grant DMR 0510138).
Battle in the Amazon: Arapaima versus Piranha†
Article first published online: 9 JAN 2012
Copyright © 2012 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Advanced Engineering Materials
Volume 14, Issue 5, pages B279–B288, May 2012
How to Cite
Meyers, M. A., Lin, Y. S., Olevsky, E. A. and Chen, P.-Y. (2012), Battle in the Amazon: Arapaima versus Piranha. Adv. Eng. Mater., 14: B279–B288. doi: 10.1002/adem.201180027
- Issue published online: 8 MAY 2012
- Article first published online: 9 JAN 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 NOV 2011
- Manuscript Received: 4 APR 2011
- NSF DMR Biomaterials Program. Grant Number: DMR 0510138
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!