This work was supported by grants from the European Commission (Project No. 266033 “SPECIAL”; X. H. W. H. C. S, W. E. G. M.), the Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung Germany (project “Center of Excellence BIOTECmarin”; W. E. G. M.), the International Human Frontier Science Program (W. E. G. M.), the International S & T Cooperation Program of China (Grant No. 2008DFA00980; X. H. W.), and the Public Welfare Project of Ministry of Land and Resources of the People's Republic of China (Grant No. 201011005-06; X. H. W.). W. E. G. M. is holder of an ERC Individual Advanced Grant (No. 268476 BIOSILICA).
Bio-Sintering/Bio-Fusion of Silica in Sponge Spicules†
Article first published online: 26 SEP 2011
Copyright © 2012 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Advanced Engineering Materials
Volume 14, Issue 3, pages B4–B12, March 2012
How to Cite
Wang, X., Wiens, M., Schloßmacher, U., Jochum, K. P., Schröder, H. C. and Müller, W. E. G. (2012), Bio-Sintering/Bio-Fusion of Silica in Sponge Spicules. Adv. Eng. Mater., 14: B4–B12. doi: 10.1002/adem.201180059
- Issue published online: 5 MAR 2012
- Article first published online: 26 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 18 JUL 2011
- Manuscript Received: 29 JUN 2011
- European Commission. Grant Number: 266033
- International S & T Cooperation Program of China. Grant Number: 2008DFA00980
- Public Welfare Project of Ministry of Land and Resources of the People's Republic of China. Grant Number: 201011005-06
- ERC Individual Advanced. Grant Number: 268476 BIOSILICA
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!