The authors thank Mr. JQ Yao for assistance in sample collecting. We also acknowledge Dr. Vengatesen Thiyagarajan's group at Hong Kong University for providing assistance in FESEM imaging. Supports for this work from the Early Career Scheme (ECS) of Hong Kong RGC (Grant No. 533312), the Departmental General Research Funds and Internal Competitive Research Grants (4-ZZA8, A-PM24, G-UA20) from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University and the Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 11072273) are acknowledged.
Mechanics of Pharyngeal Teeth of Black Carp (Mylopharyngodon piceus) Crushing Mollusk Shells†
Version of Record online: 4 MAR 2013
Copyright © 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Advanced Engineering Materials
Volume 15, Issue 8, pages 684–690, August 2013
How to Cite
He, C., Zhou, W., Wang, H., Shi, S.-Q. and Yao, H. (2013), Mechanics of Pharyngeal Teeth of Black Carp (Mylopharyngodon piceus) Crushing Mollusk Shells. Adv. Eng. Mater., 15: 684–690. doi: 10.1002/adem.201200304
- Issue online: 2 AUG 2013
- Version of Record online: 4 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 3 OCT 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!