The authors would like to thank the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities of China (grant no. 2011QN154).
From Eutectic Clusters to Bulk Metallic Glasses of Zr–Al–Cu System†
Article first published online: 11 JUN 2013
© 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Advanced Engineering Materials
Volume 15, Issue 10, pages 966–969, October 2013
How to Cite
Chen, J. and Zhou, S. (2013), From Eutectic Clusters to Bulk Metallic Glasses of Zr–Al–Cu System. Adv. Eng. Mater., 15: 966–969. doi: 10.1002/adem.201200389
- Issue published online: 4 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 11 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 9 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 20 DEC 2012
- Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities of China. Grant Number: 2011QN154
CuZr2 (MoSi2 type) phase structure is analyzed using clusters centered by two non-equivalent atomic sites: small sphere Cu and large sphere Zr. It is shown that the clusters are all shared atoms in different ways with their neighboring clusters, so after sharing effective cluster should be put out to describe the alloy phase.