The authors gratefully acknowledge support and funding from the German Research Foundation (DFG) grant no. FA 480/3-2 within the priority program DFG-SPP 1418 “Refractories -- Initiative to Reduce Emission -- FIRE.” We thank Fraunhofer Institute for Non-Destructive Testing of Materials (IZFP), Saarbrücken, Germany, for analysis of cold crushing strength, modulus of elasticity, and oxidation resistance. We gratefully acknowledge the support of Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany, for carrying out hot modulus of rupture measurements.
Functionalized Cellular Carbon-MgO Composites: From Interface Processing to Thermal Shock Resistant Low-Carbon MgO-C Refractories†
Article first published online: 17 OCT 2013
© 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Advanced Engineering Materials
Special Issue: Cellular Materials
Volume 16, Issue 3, pages 301–308, March 2014
How to Cite
da Silveira, W. and Falk, G. (2014), Functionalized Cellular Carbon-MgO Composites: From Interface Processing to Thermal Shock Resistant Low-Carbon MgO-C Refractories. Adv. Eng. Mater., 16: 301–308. doi: 10.1002/adem.201300052
- Issue published online: 14 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 17 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Received: 18 FEB 2013
- German Research Foundation (DFG). Grant Number: FA 480/3-2
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!