The authors acknowledge the National High Magnetic Field Laboratory, Tallahassee, FL, for the generous use of their DC magnet facilities and the Manufacturing Demonstration Facility at Oak Ridge National Laboratory for providing sample handing and electromagnetic processing apparatus. This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under grant numbers DMR-0845868 and IRES-1129412. The research sponsored was in part by the U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, Advanced Manufacturing Office, under contract DE-AC05-00OR22725 with UT-Battelle, LLC. Additionally, the authors acknowledge assistance by Dr. Quadir Zakaria at the Electron Microscopy Unit of the University of New South Wales with their assistance with the EBSD. Additionally, the authors would like to thank Professor Gregory Thompson and the Central Analytical Facility at the University of Alabama-Tuscaloosa in their assistance with TEM (Supporting Information is available online from Wiley Online Library or from the author).
Magneto-Acoustic Mixing Technology: A Novel Method of Processing Metal-Matrix Nanocomposites†
Version of Record online: 2 APR 2014
© 2014 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Advanced Engineering Materials
Volume 16, Issue 9, pages 1078–1082, September 2014
How to Cite
Henderson, H. B., Rios, O., Bryan, Z. L., Heitman, C. P. K., Ludtka, G. M., Mackiewicz-Ludtka, G., Melin, A. M. and Manuel, M. V. (2014), Magneto-Acoustic Mixing Technology: A Novel Method of Processing Metal-Matrix Nanocomposites. Adv. Eng. Mater., 16: 1078–1082. doi: 10.1002/adem.201300534
- Issue online: 16 SEP 2014
- Version of Record online: 2 APR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 31 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Received: 22 NOV 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!