We gratefully acknowledge financial support for parts of this investigation by the DFG within the focal point program principles of biomineralization (SPP 1117, Prinzipien der Biomineralization). Sincere thanks are given to: R. Radlanski, and H. Renz (FU Berlin) as well as S. Pfeiffer (University of Kiel) for their support with the realization of shock-frozen sample preparation and TEM images, M. Hanfland, and G. Vaughan (ESRF Grenoble) for their support with synchrotron radiation experiments, U. Burkhardt (MPI CPfS, Dresden) for the determination of the density, P. Schmidt (TU Dresden) and R. Niewa as well as S. Müller (MPI CPfS) for thermogravimetric analysis, H. Borrmann and O. Hochrein (MPI CPfS) for their support analyzing the single crystal X-ray-diffraction data, and O. H. for his help with the inside cover and the superposition figure to visualize the growth mechanism, J. Buder (MPI CPfS) for sample preparations, and finally to B. Bayer, U. Schmidt, and A. Völzke for realizing numerous chemical analyses.
Chemical and Structural Investigations of Biomimetically Grown Fluorapatite–Gelatin Composite Aggregates†
Article first published online: 7 MAR 2003
© 2003 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Advanced Functional Materials
Volume 13, Issue 3, pages 189–198, March, 2003
How to Cite
Busch, S., Schwarz, U. and Kniep, R. (2003), Chemical and Structural Investigations of Biomimetically Grown Fluorapatite–Gelatin Composite Aggregates. Adv. Funct. Mater., 13: 189–198. doi: 10.1002/adfm.200390029
- Issue published online: 7 MAR 2003
- Article first published online: 7 MAR 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 NOV 2002
- Manuscript Received: 6 JUN 2002
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!