This work was supported by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada, the Canada Research Chairs Program, and Simon Fraser University. We thank Nippon Zeon Corporation for supplying the octafluorocyclopentene needed to prepare the photochromic compounds and Dr. Andrew Bennet (SFU) for helpful discussions and access to the equipment needed for the kinetic analyses. Supporting Information is available online from Wiley InterScience or from the author.
Bidirectional Ring-Opening and Ring-Closing of Cationic 1,2-Dithienylcyclopentene Molecular Switches Triggered with Light or Electricity†
Version of Record online: 27 FEB 2007
Copyright © 2007 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Advanced Functional Materials
Special Issue: Molecular Machines and Switches – Dedicated to J. Fraser Stoddart
Volume 17, Issue 5, pages 786–796, March, 2007
How to Cite
Gorodetsky, B. and Branda, N. R. (2007), Bidirectional Ring-Opening and Ring-Closing of Cationic 1,2-Dithienylcyclopentene Molecular Switches Triggered with Light or Electricity. Adv. Funct. Mater., 17: 786–796. doi: 10.1002/adfm.200600902
- Issue online: 14 MAR 2007
- Version of Record online: 27 FEB 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 20 DEC 2006
- Manuscript Received: 29 SEP 2006
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada
- Canada Research Chairs Program
- Simon Fraser University
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!