This work was funded in part by a Ph.D. Scholarship from the University of Southern Denmark to S.N. and by the Danish Natural Science Research Council (SNF, project #21-03-0317) and the Danish Strategic Research Council in Denmark through the Young Researchers Program (#2117-05-0115). A.H.F. acknowledges Indiana University for support. Portions of this work were performed at the Molecular Foundry, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, which is supported by the Office of Science, Office of Basic Energy Sciences of the U.S. Department of Energy under contract No. DE-AC02-05 CH11231. Supporting Information is available online from Wiley InterScience or from the author.
Using Molecular Force to Overcome Steric Barriers in a Springlike Molecular Ouroboros**†
Article first published online: 15 MAR 2007
Copyright © 2007 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Advanced Functional Materials
Special Issue: Molecular Machines and Switches – Dedicated to J. Fraser Stoddart
Volume 17, Issue 5, pages 751–762, March, 2007
How to Cite
Nygaard, S., Liu, Y., Stein, P. C., Flood, A. H. and Jeppesen, J. O. (2007), Using Molecular Force to Overcome Steric Barriers in a Springlike Molecular Ouroboros**. Adv. Funct. Mater., 17: 751–762. doi: 10.1002/adfm.200600907
- Issue published online: 15 MAR 2007
- Article first published online: 15 MAR 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 22 DEC 2006
- Manuscript Received: 1 OCT 2006
- Danish Natural Science Research Council. Grant Number: 21-03-0317
- Danish Strategic Research Council in Denmark through the Young Researchers Program. Grant Number: 2117-05-0115
- Office of Science, Office of Basic Energy Sciences of the U.S. Department of Energy. Grant Number: DE-AC02-05 CH11231
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!