(born 1953) studied chemistry at the University of Mainz, FRG, obtaining his Diploma in 1980 and his Ph.D. in 1983 after working with Professors G. Strobl and H. Ringsdorf. After this, he spent one year as apost-doctoral fellow at the University of Freiburg with Professor H.-.L. Cantow, and then returned to Mainz in 1984 to start work on “Liquid Crystalline Elastomers”. In April 1989 he finished his Habilitation and obtained the “Venia Legendi” in Organic Chemistry. Since July 1989 he has been at the IBM Almaden Research Center in San Jose (USA) as a Visiting Scientist working on materialsfor optical data storage. He has published 27papers on various topics in polymer chemistry.
Liquid Crystalline Elastomers
Article first published online: 15 SEP 2004
Copyright © 1989 Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Volume 1, Issue 10, pages 321–329, 1989
How to Cite
Zentel, R. (1989), Liquid Crystalline Elastomers. Adv. Mater., 1: 321–329. doi: 10.1002/adma.19890011003
- Issue published online: 15 SEP 2004
- Article first published online: 15 SEP 2004
- Manuscript Received: 17 MAY 1989
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!