received his Diplom in physics from the Technical University of Munich in 1989. At present he is completing his doctoral thesis at the Max-Planck-Institut für Festkölrperforschung, Stuttgart. His research involves the direct synthesis of semiconductor quantum-wire and quantum-dot structures by molecular beam epitaxy and the investigation of the structural and electronic properties of these low-dimensional semiconductor structutures.
Direct synthesis of semiconductor quantum-wire and quantum-dot structures†
Version of Record online: 29 OCT 2004
Copyright © 1993 Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Volume 5, Issue 1, pages 22–29, January 1993
How to Cite
Nötzel, R. and Ploog, K. H. (1993), Direct synthesis of semiconductor quantum-wire and quantum-dot structures. Adv. Mater., 5: 22–29. doi: 10.1002/adma.19930050104
We gratefully acknowledge stimulating discussions with L. Däweritz (Paul-Drude-Institut für Festkörperelektronik, Berlin) and N. N. Ledentsov (A. F. Ioffe Physico-Technical Institute, St. Petersburg). We wish to thank M. Hohenstein (Max-Planck-Institut für Metallforschung, Stuttgart) for the HREM images. Part of this work was sponsored by the Bundesministerium für Forschung and Technologie of the Federal Republic of Germany.
- Issue online: 29 OCT 2004
- Version of Record online: 29 OCT 2004
- Manuscript Revised: 22 AUG 1992
- Manuscript Received: 24 JUN 1992
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!