Funding is acknowledged from the National Natural Scientific Foundation of China (No. 20233010).
A Facile Solution Route for Polymeric Hollow Spheres with Controllable Size†
Article first published online: 7 NOV 2006
Copyright © 2006 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Volume 18, Issue 23, pages 3140–3144, December, 2006
How to Cite
Han, J., Song, G. and Guo, R. (2006), A Facile Solution Route for Polymeric Hollow Spheres with Controllable Size. Adv. Mater., 18: 3140–3144. doi: 10.1002/adma.200600282
- Issue published online: 27 NOV 2006
- Article first published online: 7 NOV 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 23 MAY 2006
- Manuscript Received: 11 FEB 2006
- National Natural Scientific Foundation of China. Grant Number: 20233010
- Hollow particles;
- Polymeric materials;
- Template-assisted synthesis
Poly(o-toluidine) hollow spheres with controllable size (see figure) are synthesized in aqueous solution by the droplet template formed by the monomer itself. The size of the hollow spheres and the size of the hole in the surface of each sphere are affected by the concentration of o-toluidine and the molar ratio of initiator to monomer, respectively.