N.A.K. thanks AFOSR, NSF, DARPA, and NRL for the support of this research. P.P. thanks the Fannie and John Hertz Foundation for support of his work through a graduate fellowship. The authors acknowledge the staff of the Electron Microscopy Analysis Laboratory (University of Michigan) and their sponsor, the National Science Foundation (NSF) through grant #DMR-0320740. P.B.M. acknowledges support for this work from NIH (DE 14193) and NASA (URETI NCC-1-02037). Supporting Information is available online from Wiley InterScience or from the author.
Fusion of Seashell Nacre and Marine Bioadhesive Analogs: High-Strength Nanocomposite by Layer-by-Layer Assembly of Clay and L-3,4-Dihydroxyphenylalanine Polymer†
Version of Record online: 1 MAR 2007
Copyright © 2007 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Volume 19, Issue 7, pages 949–955, April, 2007
How to Cite
Podsiadlo, P., Liu, Z., Paterson, D., Messersmith, P. B. and Kotov, N. A. (2007), Fusion of Seashell Nacre and Marine Bioadhesive Analogs: High-Strength Nanocomposite by Layer-by-Layer Assembly of Clay and L-3,4-Dihydroxyphenylalanine Polymer. Adv. Mater., 19: 949–955. doi: 10.1002/adma.200602706
- Issue online: 29 MAR 2007
- Version of Record online: 1 MAR 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 13 JAN 2007
- Manuscript Received: 27 NOV 2006
- Fannie and John Hertz Foundation
- National Science Foundation (NSF). Grant Number: DMR-0320740
- NIH. Grant Number: DE 14193
- NASA. Grant Number: URETI NCC-1-02037
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!