This work was supported primarily by the MRSEC Program of the National Science Foundation under award number DMR 02-13282.
Microfluidic Synthesis of Titania Shells on Colloidal Silica†
Article first published online: 14 AUG 2007
Copyright © 2007 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Volume 19, Issue 18, pages 2556–2560, September, 2007
How to Cite
Khan, S. A. and Jensen, K. F. (2007), Microfluidic Synthesis of Titania Shells on Colloidal Silica. Adv. Mater., 19: 2556–2560. doi: 10.1002/adma.200700127
- Issue published online: 10 SEP 2007
- Article first published online: 14 AUG 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 25 MAY 2007
- Manuscript Received: 5 JAN 2007
- MRSEC Program of the National Science Foundation. Grant Number: DMR 02-13282
- Core/shell materials;
Multi-step addition microfluidic system for growth of well defined shell coatings without complications of secondary nucleation. Coating of colloidal silica core particles with titania layers of tunable thickness in a one-step, continuous flow process through controlled hydrolysis of titanium tetraethoxide.