We acknowledge financial support from KOSEF (2006-03792).
Octupolar Films with Significant Second-Harmonic Generation†
Article first published online: 17 JUL 2007
Copyright © 2007 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Volume 19, Issue 16, pages 2107–2111, August, 2007
How to Cite
Jeong, M.-Y., Kim, H. M., Jeon, S.-J., Brasselet, S. and Cho, B. R. (2007), Octupolar Films with Significant Second-Harmonic Generation. Adv. Mater., 19: 2107–2111. doi: 10.1002/adma.200700414
- Issue published online: 14 AUG 2007
- Article first published online: 17 JUL 2007
- Manuscript Revised: 24 MAR 2007
- Manuscript Received: 15 FEB 2007
- KOSEF. Grant Number: 2006-03792
- Electro-optical materials;
- Poly(methyl methacrylate);
- Thin films
Octupolar films containing 1,3,5-tricyano-2,4,6-tris(p-diethylaminostyryl)benzene in a polymethylmetacrylate matrix are prepared by using free-casting and spin-coating methods and their physical properties are characterized by using polarization microscopy, X-ray diffraction spectra, and second-harmonic generation (see figure). The films exhibit an optimum molecular packing that can find useful applications in electro-optic devices.