The work described in this paper was partially supported by a grant from the Research Grants Council of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, China (Project No. 411807) and CUHK direct grants (Project codes: 2060305).
Synthesis and Optical Properties of Tetrapod-Like ZnSSe Alloy Nanostructures†
Article first published online: 14 JUL 2008
Copyright © 2008 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Volume 20, Issue 17, pages 3294–3297, September 3, 2008
How to Cite
Xu, H., Liang, Y., Liu, Z., Zhang, X. and Hark, S. (2008), Synthesis and Optical Properties of Tetrapod-Like ZnSSe Alloy Nanostructures. Adv. Mater., 20: 3294–3297. doi: 10.1002/adma.200800821
- Issue published online: 1 SEP 2008
- Article first published online: 14 JUL 2008
- Manuscript Received: 25 MAR 2008
- Research Grants Council of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, China. Grant Number: 411807
- CUHK direct grants. Grant Number: 2060305
- Raman scattering;
- Inorganic nanostructures;
Tetrapod-like ZnS1−xSex alloy nanostructures (T-ZnS1−xSex) of different compositions (0 ≤ x ≤ 1) are synthesized by chemical vapor deposition. Their composition-dependent Raman scattering and cathodoluminescence are studied. The single-crystal T-ZnS1−xSex nanostructures exhibit strong and narrow near-band-edge emissions that can be continuously tuned from 330–459 nm (see figure).