Efficient Polymer Solar Cells with Thin Active Layers Based on Alternating Polyfluorene Copolymer/Fullerene Bulk Heterojunctions
Article first published online: 24 JUN 2009
Copyright © 2009 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Volume 21, Issue 42, pages 4238–4242, November 13, 2009
How to Cite
Chen, M.-H., Hou, J., Hong, Z., Yang, G., Sista, S., Chen, L.-M. and Yang, Y. (2009), Efficient Polymer Solar Cells with Thin Active Layers Based on Alternating Polyfluorene Copolymer/Fullerene Bulk Heterojunctions. Adv. Mater., 21: 4238–4242. doi: 10.1002/adma.200900510
- Issue published online: 6 NOV 2009
- Article first published online: 24 JUN 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 27 MAR 2009
- Manuscript Received: 13 FEB 2009
- Solarmer Inc.
- Office of Naval Research. Grant Number: N00014-04-1-0434
- National Science Council of Taiwan. Grant Number: NSC-0962917-I-002-113
- Fluorene derivative;
- Solar cells;
Efficient (4.5% power conversion efficiency) polymer solar cells based on an alternating polyfluorene copolymer are demonstrated. The highest internal quantum efficiency obtained was 87%. The semi-transparent active layer (only 47 nm thick) shows the uniqueness of polymer solar cells and their unconventional applications, such as translucent solar windows for buildings and automobiles.