Dedicated to Prof. Helmut Ringsdorf on the occasion of his 80th birthday.
Control over Patterning of Organic Semiconductors: Step-Edge-Induced Area-Selective Growth†
Article first published online: 3 AUG 2009
Copyright © 2009 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Volume 21, Issue 46, pages 4721–4725, December 11, 2009
How to Cite
Wang, W., Du, C., Zhong, D., Hirtz, M., Wang, Y., Lu, N., Wu, L., Ebeling, D., Li, L., Fuchs, H. and Chi, L. (2009), Control over Patterning of Organic Semiconductors: Step-Edge-Induced Area-Selective Growth. Adv. Mater., 21: 4721–4725. doi: 10.1002/adma.200901091
- Issue published online: 8 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 3 AUG 2009
- Manuscript Received: 31 MAR 2009
- National Natural Science Foundation of China. Grant Number: 50733002
- Major State Basic Research Development Program. Grant Number: 2009CB939701
- organic field-effect transistors;
- organic semiconductors;
A method concerning step-edge-induced area-selective growth for the patterning of aromatic organic molecules is proposed. Based on such a growth mechanism, crack-free, organic crystalline films and the growth of different molecules at defined locations can be achieved. The figure shows a schematic representation of the separation of molecules by nucleation-sites recognition.