The views expressed here are those of the authors and may not be attributed to the Economic Research Service, the US Department of Agriculture, or New Mexico State University.
Assessing Changes in Dairy Product Import Demand: The Case of South Korea with Implementation of the KORUS FTA
Article first published online: 10 JAN 2014
© 2014 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Special Issue: Emerging Issues in Global Animal Product Trade
Volume 30, Issue 1, pages 74–84, Winter 2014
How to Cite
Jones, K. G. and Blayney, D. (2014), Assessing Changes in Dairy Product Import Demand: The Case of South Korea with Implementation of the KORUS FTA. Agribusiness, 30: 74–84. doi: 10.1002/agr.21370
- Issue published online: 10 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 10 JAN 2014
- 2006). Evolving dairy markets in Asia: Recent findings and implications. Food Policy 31:195–200. (
- 1980). Economics and consumer behavior. New York: The Cambridge University Press. , & (
- 2007). Impact of the South Korea-U.S. free trade agreement on the U.S. livestock sector. Center for Agricultural and Rural Development Working Paper-07-WP 455.18 pages. , , & (
- Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy (2009). The impact of globalization on the U.S. dairy industry: Threats, opportunities, and implications. http://www.usdairy.com/Globalization/GlobalImpactStudy/Documents/The%20Impact%20of%20Globalization%20on%20the%20U.S.%20Dairy%20Industry.pdf. Accessed 04/12/2013.
- 1985). Differential consumer demand systems. European Economic Review, 27, 375–390. , & (
- 1993). Dynamics and long-run structure in U.S. meat demand. Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics, 41, 139–153. , , , & (
- 1981). Food policies in a rapidly developing country: The case of South Korea, 1960–1978. The Journal of Developing Areas, 16, 47–70. , & (
- 1994). Korean Agriculture in the 1990s, MAFF, Seoul. (
- 2006). Consequences of further opening of the Korean dairy market. Food Policy, 31, 238–248. , , & (
- 2006). Home bias and U.S. imports of processed food products. North American Journal of Economics and Finance, 17, 363–373. , , & (
- 2008). The impact of EU export subsidy reductions on U.S. dairy exports. Agribusiness, 25(4), 557–574. , and (
- National Agricultural Cooperative Federation (NACF). (2010). Materials on price, supply & demand of livestock products. Seoul: Korea.
- Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development. (1999). Review of agricultural policies in Korea. http://www.oecd.org/korea/40417830.pdf; accessed October 10, 2013.
- 2005) An economic analysis of the impacts of trade liberalization on Asian dairy markets. University of Wisconsin-Madison Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics. Staff Paper No. 490. 25 pages. & (
- 1966). Applied economic forecasts. Amsterdam: North Holland. (
- United States Department of Agriculture, Foreign Agricultural Service. (1996). Dairy. KS6027. Seoul, Korea.
- United States Department of Agriculture, Foreign Agricultural Service. (1997). Korea market briefs: Cheese. KS7004, Seoul, Korea.
- United States Department of Agriculture, Foreign Agricultural Service. (2011). Korea – Republic of, dairy and products annual dairy update – ATO Seoul. KS1143, Seoul Korea.
- 2011). Selected trade agreements and implications for U.S. agriculture. ERR 115. USDA, Economic Research Service. , , & (
- 2008) The impact of EU export subsidy reductions on U.S. dairy exports. Agribusiness 24(4):557–574. & (