Assessing the Validity of the LOP in the EU Broiler Markets
Article first published online: 14 APR 2014
© 2014 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 31, Issue 1, pages 33–46, Winter 2015
How to Cite
Emmanouilides, C. J. and Fousekis, P. (2015), Assessing the Validity of the LOP in the EU Broiler Markets. Agribusiness, 31: 33–46. doi: 10.1002/agr.21386
- Issue published online: 22 JAN 2015
- Article first published online: 14 APR 2014
- 1999). Product aggregation, market integration, and relationships between prices. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 81: 568–581. , , & (
- 2001). Product aggregation, market integration, and relationships between prices: An application to world salmon markets: Reply. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 83:1090–1092.Direct Link:, , & (
- AVEC (2012). Annual Report.
- 2001). Measuring integration and efficiency in international agricultural markets. Review of Agricultural Economics, 23:19–32.Direct Link: (
- 2002). Distinguishing between equilibrium and integration in spatial price analysis. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 78:292–307.Direct Link:, & (
- 2004). A general test for time dependence in parameters. Journal of Applied Econometrics, 19:899–206. , , & (
- 2006). A stationary test with an unknown number of smooth breaks. Journal of Time Series Analysis, 27:381–409. , , & (
- 2007), Eating, drinking, smoking. Comparative price levels in 37 European countries for 2006, Statistics in Focus. Economy and Finance, 90:1–7. , & (
- 1987). A test of independence based on the correlation dimension. SSRI no. 8702, Department of Economics, University of Wisconsin, Madison. , , & (
- 2008). Time series test of non linear convergence and transitional dynamics. Economics Letters, 100:337–339. , , , & (
- 1990). Cointegration and unit roots. Journal of Economic Surveys, 4:249–273. , , & (
- 2012). Testing for the LOP under non linearity: An application to four major EU markets. Agricultural Economics, 43:715–723. , & (
- 2005). Applied Econometric Time Series, John Wiley: New York. (
- 2012). A unit root test using Fourier series to approximate smooth breaks. Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 74:574–599. , & (
- European Commission. (2004). The Internal Market Scoreboard. No 13, July 2004.
- European Commission. (2008). Market monitoring: State of play and envisaged follow-up. Commission Staff Working Document No 3074
- European Commission. (2012). Economic and financial affairs. Market integration and internal market issues. Available at: http://ec.europa.eu/economy_finance/structural_reforms/product/market_integration/index_en.htm.
- European Parliament. (2010). The poultry and eggs sectors. Evaluation of the current market situation and future prospects. DG for internal policies. Agriculture and rural development. Available at: http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/etudes/join/2010/438590/IPOL-AGRI_ET%282010%29438590_EN.pdf.
- 2007). Multiple markets within the EU? Empirical evidence from pork and poultry prices in 14 EU member states. Economics Bulletin, 3(65):1–12. (
- 2011). Disentangling nonlinearities in the long- and the short-run price relationships: An application to the US hog/pork supply chain. Applied Economics, 43:1497–1510. (
- 2005). Market integration to the Law of One Price: Evidence from the European car market. Journal of International Economics, 65:49–73. , & (
- 2001). Spatial market integration in the presence of threshold effects. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 83:302–317.Direct Link:, & (
- 2003). Testing for a unit root in the non linear STAR framework. Journal of Econometrics, 112:359–379. , , & (
- 1988). Testing linearity against Smooth Transition Autoregressive Models. Biometrika, 75:491–499. , , & (
- 2004). Asymmetric price transmission: A survey. Journal of Agricultural Economics, 55:581–611. , & (
- 1997). Transaction costs and non-linear adjustment in real exchange rates: An empirical investigation. Journal of Political Economy, 105: 862–879. , , & (
- 1989). The great crash, the oil shocks, and the unit root hypothesis. Econometrica, 80:355–385. (
- R Development Core Team. (2012). R: A language and environment for statistical computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria. ISBN 3–900051–07–0, URL http://www.R-project.org.
- 2011). How do crude oil prices co-move? A Copula Approach. Energy Economics, 33:948–955. (
- 2006). Local polynomial fitting and spatial price relationships: Price transmission in EU pork markets. European Review of Agricultural Economics, 33:415–436. , , & (
- 2001). Price transmission analysis: A flexible methodological approach to European pork and lamb markets. Applied Economics, 33:123–131. , & (
- 1991). Market integration, efficiency of arbitrage, and imperfect competition: Methodology and application to the US celery. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 33:415–436. , , & (
- 2001). Non-Linear Mean-Reversion in Real ExchangeRates: Towards a solution to the purchasing power parity puzzles, International Economics Review, 42:1015–1042. , , & (
- 1999). Nonlinearities in European Real Exchange Rate Adjustment, Mimeo, Department of Economics, University of Oxford. , & (
- 1993). Testing for integration in European community agricultural product markets. Journal of Agricultural Economics, 44:418–427. (
- 2013). Revisiting purchasing power parity for East Asian countries: sequential panel selection. Applied Economics Letters, 20:62–66. , , , & (