Seasonal Quality Premiums for Wheat: A Case Study for Northern Germany
Article first published online: 17 APR 2014
© 2014 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 31, Issue 1, pages 63–75, Winter 2015
How to Cite
Loy, J.-P., Holm, T., Steinhagen, C. and Glauben, T. (2015), Seasonal Quality Premiums for Wheat: A Case Study for Northern Germany. Agribusiness, 31: 63–75. doi: 10.1002/agr.21387
- Issue published online: 22 JAN 2015
- Article first published online: 17 APR 2014
- AMI (Agrar Markt Information) (various issues): Annual Report on Grain and Feed. Bonn.
- 1977). Wheat protein premiums and price differentials. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 59, 530–532. , & (
- 1987). A sequential decision model to determine optimal farm-level grain marketing policies. European Review of Agricultural Economics, 14, 91–116. (
- 1997). Optimal sequential grain marketing decisions under risk aversion and price uncertainty. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 79, 1140–1152. (
- 1995). Modelling grain-marketing decisions when prices are generated autoregressively. European Review of Agricultural Economics, 22, 87–99. , & (
- 2007). Gretl User's Guide. Retrieved online. http://ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu/pub/gretl/manual/en/gretl-guide-a4.pdf , & (
- 2004). Econometric theory and methods. Oxford University Press, New York, NY USA. , & (
- 2011). Modelling dynamic systems using PcGive. Volume I to III. London: Timberlake Consultants Press. & (
- 1982). Autoregressive conditional heteroscedasticity with estimates of the variance of United Kingdom inflation. Econometrica, 50(4), 987–1007. (
- 1991). Hedonic price estimation for Kansas wheat characteristics. Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, 16(1), 72–85. , & (
- 2002). Optimal storage by crop producers. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 84, 645–659.Direct Link:, & (
- 2005). Harvest-time protein shocks and price adjustment in U.S. wheat markets. Agricultural Marketing Policy Paper No. 5. Agricultural Marketing Policy Center. , & (
- 2009). Harvest-time protein shocks and price adjustment in U.S. wheat markets. Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, 34(2), 237–255. , & (
- Grain Traders Association of the Hamburg Exchange. (2012). Data for bread and feed wheat. Hamburg.
- 1989). An economic evaluation of expanded Canadian 3-M wheat exports. Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics, 37, 445–465. , & (
- 2006). The impact of supply, demand and grain quality on the UK bread and feed wheat price differential in the UK. Journal of Agricultural Science, 144, 411–419. , , , & (
- 2009). Hedonic price estimation for the Turkish bread wheat characteristics. Quality and Quantity, 43, 895–902. , , , & (
- Landwirtschaftskammer Schleswig-Holstein. (2012). Weekly price data on feed and bread wheat. Landwirtschaftskammer, Rendsburg.
- 1991). Is wheat a homogeneous product. Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics, 39, 103–117. (
- 2009). Optimal grain marketing revisited: A German and Polish perspective. Outlook on Agriculture, 38(1), 47–54. , & (
- Max-Rubner Institute. (various issues): Annual Grain Statistics. Kiel.
- 2003). Factors affecting wheat proteins premiums. Working Papers 92887, University of Missouri Columbia, Department of Agricultural Economics. , & (
- 2011). Price volatility in ethanol markets. European Review of Agricultural Economics, 38(2), 259–280. , , & (
- 1996). The market valuation of wheat quality characteristics. Journal of Economic Studies, 3(3), 44–63. , & (
- 1987). Hedonic price functions for wheat in the world market: Implications for Canadian wheat export strategy. Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics, 35, 535–552. (
- 1989). Differentiation and implicit prices in export wheat markets. Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, 14(1), 67–77. (
- Zentrale Markt und Preisberichtstelle. (various issues). Annual report on grain and feed. Bonn.