Reactors, Kinetics, and Catalysis
Reaction mechanism and kinetics for the liquid-phase catalytic oxidation of meta-xylene to meta-phthalic acid
Article first published online: 22 JUL 2008
Copyright © 2008 American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
Volume 54, Issue 10, pages 2674–2688, October 2008
How to Cite
Wang, Q., Zhang, Y., Cheng, Y. and Li, X. (2008), Reaction mechanism and kinetics for the liquid-phase catalytic oxidation of meta-xylene to meta-phthalic acid. AIChE J., 54: 2674–2688. doi: 10.1002/aic.11574
- Issue published online: 15 SEP 2008
- Article first published online: 22 JUL 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 29 APR 2008
- Manuscript Received: 27 OCT 2007
- 1Study on the Kinetics of Catalytic Liquid-Phase Oxidation of m-Xylene, M.S. Thesis, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai, P.R. China, 2003..
- 2Kinetics of liquid phase catalytic oxidation of m-xylene to isophthalic acid. Chem React Eng Technol. 2006; 22: 97–102., , , .
- 3Kinetics of Liquid Phase Catalytic Oxidation of m-Xylene and Co-Oxidation of C8 Aromatic Hydrocarbons. M.S. Thesis, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, P.R. China, 2006..
- 4Study on Liquid-Phase Catalytic Oxidation of m-Xylene to Isophthalic Acid, M.S. Thesis, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai, P.R. China, 2004..
- 8A Kinetic and mechanistic study of the redox chemistry of cobalt acetate in aqueous acetic acid. J Chem Res. 1981; 7: 2801–2868..
- 9A mechanistic study of the origin of synergy and antagonism in the Co(OAc)Br-catalyzed autoxidation of p-xylene. J Chem Res. 1981; 8: 2137–2163..
- 13Kinetics and thermodynamics of the reactions of Co(OAC)2, Mn(OAC)2 and bromide salts with m-chloroperbenzoic acid (MCPBA) in acetic acid. Div Petrol Chem Am Chem Soc. 1992; 37: 1098–1104., .
- 16A Chemical Model for the Amoco ‘MC’ Oxygenation Process to Produce Terephthalic Acid. In: BlackburnDW, editor. Catalysis of Organic Reactions,Chapter 20. New York: Marcel Dekker, 1990..
- 23Homogeneous Catalysis: The Applications and Chemistry of Catalysis by Soluble Transition Metal Complexes, 2nd ed. Wiley: New York, 1992., .
- 24Metal-Catalyzed Oxidations of Organic Compounds: Mechanistic Principles and Synthetic Methodology Including Biochemical Processes. New York: Academic Press, 1981., .
- 25Kinetics and Reactor Modeling for the Oxidation of p-Xylene to Terephthalic Acid. M.S. Thesis, Zhejiang Univeristy, Hangzhou, China, 2001..
- 26Studies on the kinetics of the p-xylene liquid phase catalytic oxidation (I): mechanism and kinetic model. J Chem Ind Eng. 2003; 54: 946–952., , , , .
- 27Modelling of Oxidation Processes. Budapest, Hungary: Akademiai Kiado, 1986., .
- 28Interpretation of limiting rate and of induction period in oxidation of benzaldehyde catalyzed by cobaltous acetate. Discuss Faraday Soc.1986; 46: 173., , .
- 30Studies on MC Process of Hydrocarbon Liquid Phase Catalytic Oxidation. Ph.D. Dissertation, Zhejiang Univeristy, Hangzhou, China, 2004..
- 36Organic synthesis in subcritical water: oxidation of alkylaromatics. J Supercrit Fluids, 1998; 12: 1255., , .
- 39Reactive Crystallization in the Oxidation of p-Xylene. Ph.D. Dissertation, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China, 2006..
- 40Reactive Crystallization in the High-Temperature Oxidation of p-Xylene to Terephthalic Acid. Post-doctor Research Report, Zhejiang Univeristy, Hangzhou, China, 2008..