Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out at http://wileyonlinelibrary.com/onlineopen#OnlineOpen_Terms
Environmental and Energy Engineering
Dynamic effects on capillary pressure–Saturation relationships for two-phase porous flow: Implications of temperature†
Version of Record online: 5 AUG 2011
© 2012 The Authors. AIChE Journal, published by Wiley on behalf of the AIChE. This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Volume 58, Issue 6, pages 1951–1965, June 2012
How to Cite
Hanspal, N. S. and Das, D. B. (2012), Dynamic effects on capillary pressure–Saturation relationships for two-phase porous flow: Implications of temperature. AIChE J., 58: 1951–1965. doi: 10.1002/aic.12702
- Issue online: 4 MAY 2012
- Version of Record online: 5 AUG 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 15 JUN 2011 11:18AM EST
- Manuscript Revised: 12 JUN 2011
- Manuscript Received: 14 SEP 2010
- Unknown funding agency
- 3Physics of Flow Through Porous Media. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1974..
- 10Water transport in unsaturated nonisothermal salty soil. I. Experimental results. Soil Sci Soc Am J. 1989; 27: 1323–1329., .
- 11Water transport in unsaturated nonisothermal salty soil. II. Theoretical development. Soil Sci Soc Am J. 1989; 27: 1330–1337., .
- 13Les Fontaines Publiques de la Ville de Dijon. Paris: Victor Dalmont, 1856..
- 15Modelling Groundwater Flow and Pollution, Theory and Applications of Transport in Porous Media. Boston, MA: Reidel, 1972., .
- 16Multiphase Flow and Transport Processes in the Subsurface. Berlin: Springer, 1997: 367..
- 22Dynamic effect in the capillary pressure-saturation relationship and its impact on unsaturated flow. Agric Sci. 2002; 7: 69–71., , .
- 28The physical basis of the displacement of oil from porous media by other fluids: a capillary bundle model. Proc R Soc London Ser A Math Phys Sci. 1981; 382: 55–178..
- 411973; Las Vegas, NV., . Effect of temperature on water-oil relative permeabilities in oil-wet and water-wet systems, In: Society of Petroleum Engineers of AIME Meeting,
- 42NBS/NRC Steam Tables. New York: McGraw Hill, 1984., , .
- 44Closed-form equation for predicting the hydraulic conductivity of unsaturated soils. Soil Sci Soc Am J. 1980; 44: 892–898..
- 47Soil Physics. New York: Cambridge University Press, 1979., .
- 48Thermal Properties of Soil. Germany: Trans Tech Publications, 1986: 29–30..
- 49Soil Testing in Civil Engineering. Brookfield, USA: Balkema Press, 1995: 10–90., .
- 51Hydraulic Properties of Porous Media. Hydrology Papers. Fort Collins, CO: Colorado State University, 1964., .
- 52Effect of temperature on capillary pressure. In: Environmental Mechanics, Water, Mass & Energy Transform in Biosphere: American Geophysical Society; Geophyscal Monograph server. American Geophysical Society, 2002, 129: 199–212 Washington DC., .
- 53Chemical Properties Handbook. Toronto: McGraw-Hill, 1999: 779..
- 54STOMP an Introductory Short Course. Richland, WA: Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, 2003., , .
- 55ASME Steam Tables: Thermodynamic and Transport for Steam and Water. 6th Ed. 1967: 13–30, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, New York., , , .
- 562000, STOMP subsurface transport over multiple phases Version 2.0 User's Guide PNNL 12034., . Technical Report, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA,
- 57STOMP 2.0 Theory Guide. Richland, WA: Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, PNNL-12030, UC-2010, 2000., .
- 58Properties of Gas and Liquids. New York: McGraw Hill, 1987: 433–485., , .
- 59STOMP 4.0 User Guide. Richland, WA: Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, PNNL-17782, 2006., .
- 60STOMP Application Guide. Richland, WA: Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, PNNL-11216, UC-2010, 1997., , , .
- 66Laboratory measurements of capillary pressure and relative permeability. Trans AIME. 1951; 192: 47–55., , , , .
- 67Calculation of relative permeability from displacement experiments. Trans AIME. 1959; 370: 216., , .
- 69Time dependence of the relationship between capillary pressure, water content and conductivity during drainage of porous media. In: Proceedings of the IAHR Conference on Scale Effects in Porous Media, Thessaloniki, Greece, 1979..