Tribute to Founders: Neal R. Amundson. Reaction Engineering, Kinetics, and Catalysis
Reactive adsorption for the selective dehydration of sugars to furans: Modeling and experiments
Article first published online: 30 APR 2013
Copyright © 2013 American Institute of Chemical Engineers
Volume 59, Issue 9, pages 3378–3390, September 2013
How to Cite
Swift, T. D., Bagia, C., Nikolakis, V., Vlachos, D. G., Peklaris, G., Dornath, P. and Fan, W. (2013), Reactive adsorption for the selective dehydration of sugars to furans: Modeling and experiments. AIChE J., 59: 3378–3390. doi: 10.1002/aic.14090
- Issue published online: 15 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 11 MAR 2013 09:22AM EST
- Manuscript Revised: 7 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 16 OCT 2012
- Catalysis Center for Energy Innovation, an Energy Frontier Research Center
- US Dept. of Energy, Office of Science, and Office of Basic Energy Sciences. Grant Number: DE-SC0001004
Additional Supporting Information may be found in the online version of this article.
Figure SI-. Arrhenius plots of the apparent reaction rate constants k1(black) , k2 (red), k3 (blue), and k4 (magenta) based on experimental data fit to Scheme 1.
Table SI-. χ2Residuals for adsorption isotherms fit to experimental data for aqueous adsorption onto BP2000.
Please note: Wiley Blackwell is not responsible for the content or functionality of any supporting information supplied by the authors. Any queries (other than missing content) should be directed to the corresponding author for the article.