Transport Phenomena and Fluid Mechanics
Experimental investigation of hysteretic dynamic effect in capillary pressure–saturation relationship for two-phase flow in porous media
Version of Record online: 13 MAY 2013
© 2013 The Authors. AIChE Journal, published by Wiley on behalf of the AIChE
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Volume 59, Issue 10, pages 3958–3974, October 2013
How to Cite
Mirzaei, M. and Das, D. B. (2013), Experimental investigation of hysteretic dynamic effect in capillary pressure–saturation relationship for two-phase flow in porous media. AIChE J., 59: 3958–3974. doi: 10.1002/aic.14121
- Issue online: 19 SEP 2013
- Version of Record online: 13 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 22 APR 2013 06:38PM EST
- Manuscript Revised: 1 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 23 OCT 2012
- EPSRC (UK). Grant Number: GR/S94315/01
- University of Oxford, UK
- 1Modeling Groundwater Flow and Pollution. Dordrecht, the Netherlands: D. Reidel, 1987., .
- 3Upscaling multiphase flow in porous media: from pore to core and beyond. Dordrecht, the Netherlands: Springer, 2005:1–260., .
- 4Hydraulic Properties of Porous Media. Hydrology Papers. Fort Collins, CO: Colorado State University, 1964., .
- 5A closed-form equation for predicting the hydraulic conductivity of unsaturated soils. Soil Sci Soc Am J. 1980;44;892–898.. .
- 6Dynamics of Fluids in Porous Media. New York: Dover Publications, 1972..
- 8Mechanics of Immiscible Fluids in Porous Media. Highlands Ranch, CO: Water Resources Publications, 1994..
- 15A test of the uniqueness of the soil moisture characteristic during transient, non-hysteretic flow in a rigid soil. Soil Sci Am Proc. 1971;35:535–539., , .
- 17Proceedings of the IAHR conference on scale effects in porous media, Thessaloniki, Greece, 1978.. Time dependence of the relations between capillary pressure, water content and conductivity during drainage of porous media, in On Scale Effects in Porous Media,
- 21Laboratory experiments and simulations on the significance of non-equilibrium effect in the capillary pressure–saturation relationship. Unsaturated Soils: Exp Stud, Springer Proc Phys. 2005;93(1):3–14., , .
- 30Numerical methods for unsaturated flow with dynamic capillary pressure in heterogeneous porous media. Int J Numer Anal Model. 2008;5(Special Issue):126–149., .
- 34Significance of dynamic effect in capillarity during drainage experiments in layered porous media. Vadose Zone J. 2010;638(3):697–708., , , , .
- 44Dynamic capillary pressure curve for water/oil displacement in porous media: theory vs. experiment. In: Proceedings of the 67th Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, October 4–7, Washington, DC. Richardson, TX: Society of Petroleum Engineers, 1992. p. 491–506..
- 45Filtration of two nonmixing fluids in a homogeneous porous medium, Soviet Academy Izvestia. Mech. Gas Fluids. 1971;5:857–864..
- 46A mathematical model of non-equilibrium countercurrent capillary imbibition. Eng Phys J. 1987;52(3):46–61., ,
- 50Physical Chemistry of Surfaces, 6th ed. New York: Wiley-Interscience, 1997, 784 pp., .