Risk of bleeding complications with antiplatelet agents: Meta-analysis of 338,191 patients enrolled in 50 randomized controlled trials
Article first published online: 19 DEC 2003
Copyright © 2003 Wiley-Liss, Inc., A Wiley Company
American Journal of Hematology
Volume 75, Issue 1, pages 40–47, January 2004
How to Cite
Serebruany, V. L., Malinin, A. I., Eisert, R. M. and Sane, D. C. (2004), Risk of bleeding complications with antiplatelet agents: Meta-analysis of 338,191 patients enrolled in 50 randomized controlled trials. Am. J. Hematol., 75: 40–47. doi: 10.1002/ajh.10451
- Issue published online: 19 DEC 2003
- Article first published online: 19 DEC 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 AUG 2003
- Manuscript Received: 24 JAN 2003
- 1Thrombolysis in Myocardial Infarction (TIMI) trial—phase I: hemorrhagic manifestations and changes in plasma fibrinogen and the fibrinolytic system in patients treated with recombinant tissue plasminogen activator and streptokinase. J Am Coll Cardiol 1988;11:1–11., , , et al.
- 5EPISTENT Investigators. Randomised placebo-controlled and balloon-angioplasty-controlled trial to assess safety of coronary stenting with use of platelet glycoprotein-IIb/IIIa blockade. Evaluation of Platelet IIb/IIIa Inhibitor for Stenting. Lancet 1998;352:87–92.
- 8TARGET Investigators: , , , , , , et al. Do Tirofiban and ReoPro Give Similar Efficacy Trial. Comparison of two platelet glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors, tirofiban and abciximab, for the prevention of ischemic events with percutaneous coronary revascularization. N Engl J Med 2001;344:1888–1894.
- 9ADMIRAL Investigators: , , , , , , et al. Abciximab before Direct Angioplasty and Stenting in Myocardial Infarction Regarding Acute and Long-Term Follow-up. Platelet glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibition with coronary stenting for acute myocardial infarction. N Engl J Med 2001;344:1895–1903.
- 10ReoPro and Primary PTCA Organization and Randomized Trial (RAPPORT) Investigators: , , , , , , et al. Randomized, placebo-controlled trial of platelet glycoprotein IIb/IIIa blockade with primary angioplasty for acute myocardial infarction. Circulation 1998;98:734–741.
- 14Platelet Receptor Inhibition in Ischemic Syndrome Management in Patients Limited by Unstable Signs and Symptoms (PRISM-PLUS) Study Investigators. Inhibition of the platelet glycoprotein IIb/IIIa receptor with tirofiban in unstable angina and non-Q-wave myocardial infarction. N Engl J Med 1998;338:1488–1497.
- 18Management of patients with acute coronary syndromes in the United States by platelet glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibition. Insights from the platelet glycoprotein IIb/IIIa in unstable angina: receptor suppression using integrilin therapy (PURSUIT) trial. Circulation 2000;102:1093–1100., , , , , , et al.
- 25TIMI 12 Investigators: , , , , , , et al. Randomized trial of an oral platelet glycoprotein IIb/IIIa antagonist, sibrafiban, in patients after acute coronary syndrome: results of the TIMI 12 trial. Circulation 1998;11:340–350.
- 27Pharmacodynamic efficacy, clinical safety and outcomes after prolonged platelet glycoprotein IIb/IIIa receptor blockade with oral xemilofiban. Circulation 1998;98:1269–1278., , , , , , et al.
- 35Double-blind study of the safety of clopidogrel with and without a loading dose in combination with aspirin compared with ticlopidine in combination with aspirin after coronary stenting: the Clopidogrel Aspirin Stent International Cooperative study (CLASSICS). Circulation 2000;102:624–629., , , , .
- 46EAFT (European Atrial Fibrillation Trial) Study Group. Secondary prevention in non-rheumatic atrial fibrillation after transient ischemic attack or minor stroke. Lancet 1993;342:1255–1262.
- 51Steering Committee of the Physicians' Health Study Research Group. Final report on the aspirin component of the ongoing physicians' health study. N Engl J Med 1998;321:129–135.
- 53ISIS-2: 10-year survival among patients with suspected acute myocardial infarction in randomised comparison of intravenous streptokinase, oral aspirin, both, or neither. The ISIS-2 (Second International Study of Infarct Survival) Collaborative Group. Br Med J 1998;316:1337–1343., , , , , .