Clinical Pearls in Blood Diseases
Effect of treatment of Strongyloides infection on HTLV-1 expression in a patient with adult T-cell leukemia
Article first published online: 6 JUL 2007
Copyright © 2007 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
American Journal of Hematology
Volume 82, Issue 10, pages 929–931, October 2007
How to Cite
Ratner, L., Grant, C., Zimmerman, B., Fritz, J., Weil, G., Denes, A., Suresh, R., Campbell, N., Jacobson, S. and Lairmore, M. (2007), Effect of treatment of Strongyloides infection on HTLV-1 expression in a patient with adult T-cell leukemia. Am. J. Hematol., 82: 929–931. doi: 10.1002/ajh.20929
- Issue published online: 10 SEP 2007
- Article first published online: 6 JUL 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 FEB 2007
- Manuscript Received: 5 JAN 2007
- PHS. Grant Numbers: CA105218, CA10073, CA63417
- 3Implication of HTLV-I infection, Strongyloidiasis, and p53 overexpression in the development, response to treatment, and evolution of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in an endemic area (Martiniques, West Indies). J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr Hum Retrovirol 1999; 20: 394–402., , , et al.
- 5Increased activated human T cell lymphotropic virus type I (HTLV-I) Tax 11-19-specific memory and effector CD8+ cells in patients with HTLV-I-associated myleopathy/tropical spastic paraparesis: Correlation with HTLV-I proviral load. J Infect Dis 2001; 183: 197–205., , , , , .
- 17Helminthic infection down-regulates type 1 immune responses in human T cell lymphotropic virus type 1 (HTLV-1) carriers and is more prevalent in HTLV-1 carriers than in patients with HTLV-1-associated myelopathy/tropical spastic paraparesis. J Infect Dis 2005; 191: 612–618., , , et al.