Authors disclosing potential conflicts of interest are Dr. Andra James (speaking and consulting fees, and research support from CSL Behring, and honoraria from Grifols), Dr. Marilyn Manco-Johnson (speaking and consulting fees, and research support from CSL Behring), Dr. Robert Montgomery (consultant for Baxter, CSL Behring, GTI-Diagnostics, and Astra Zeneca; CSL Behring fellowship for research support), Dr. William Nichols (CSL Behring Humate-P surgical trial study, supervision of “central laboratory” activities at the Mayo Special Coagulation Laboratory, via contract through Mayo Clinical Trials Services), Dr. Thomas Ortel (speaking fee from CSL Behring), and Dr. J. Evan Sadler (consultant and Clinical Advisory Board member for Baxter). Drs. Margaret Rick and Mark Weinstein reported no potential conflicts of interest and contributed to this manuscript in their private capacities, and no official endorsement or support by the National Institutes of Health or the Food and Drug Administration is intended or should be inferred. All other authors reported no potential conflicts of interest.
Test of the Month
Clinical and laboratory diagnosis of von Willebrand disease: A synopsis of the 2008 NHLBI/NIH guidelines†
Version of Record online: 16 MAR 2009
Copyright © 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
American Journal of Hematology
Volume 84, Issue 6, pages 366–370, June 2009
How to Cite
Nichols, W. L., Rick, M. E., Ortel, T. L., Montgomery, R. R., Sadler, J. E., Yawn, B. P., James, A. H., Hultin, M. B., Manco-Johnson, M. J. and Weinstein, M. (2009), Clinical and laboratory diagnosis of von Willebrand disease: A synopsis of the 2008 NHLBI/NIH guidelines. Am. J. Hematol., 84: 366–370. doi: 10.1002/ajh.21405
- Issue online: 26 MAY 2009
- Version of Record online: 16 MAR 2009
- Accepted manuscript online: 16 MAR 2009 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 MAR 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 4 MAR 2009
- Manuscript Received: 6 JAN 2009
- 1The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. The Diagnosis, Evaluation, and Management of Von Willebrand Disease. Bethesda, MD: National Institutes of Health Publication 08-5832. 2007. Available at: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/vwd.
- 2The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. A Pocket Guide to The Diagnosis, Evaluation, and Management of Von Willebrand Disease. Bethesda, MD: National Institutes of Health Publication 08-5833. 2008. Available at: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/vwd/vwd_pocket-gde.htm.
- 5American Society of Hematology, Practice Committee. 2008 Clinical Practice Guideline on the Evaluation and Management of von Willebrand Disease. Washington, DC. 2008. Available at: http://www.hematology.org/policy/resources/guidelines/VWD_Quick_Reference(rf).pdf.