Conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
Outcome of 93 patients with relapse or progression following allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation†
Article first published online: 8 OCT 2009
Copyright © 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
American Journal of Hematology
Volume 84, Issue 12, pages 815–820, December 2009
How to Cite
Kurosawa, S., Fukuda, T., Tajima, K., Saito, B., Fuji, S., Yokoyama, H., Kim, S.-W., Mori, S.-I., Tanosaki, R., Heike, Y. and Takaue, Y. (2009), Outcome of 93 patients with relapse or progression following allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation. Am. J. Hematol., 84: 815–820. doi: 10.1002/ajh.21555
- Issue published online: 23 NOV 2009
- Article first published online: 8 OCT 2009
- Accepted manuscript online: 8 OCT 2009 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 SEP 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 17 SEP 2009
- Manuscript Received: 26 JUN 2009
- 1Treatment of relapsed acute leukemia after allogeneic transplantation: A single center experience. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 2007; 13: 116–123., , , et al.
- 2Relapse or progression after hematopoietic cell transplantation using nonmyeloablative conditioning: Effect of interventions on outcome. Exp Hematol 2003; 31: 974–980., , , et al.
- 3Donor leukocyte infusions in 140 patients with relapsed malignancy after allogeneic bone marrow transplantation. J Clin Oncol 1997; 15: 433–444., , , et al.
- 4Relapse after allogeneic bone marrow transplantation for acute leukaemia: A survey by the E.B.M.T. of 117 cases. Br J Haematol 1988; 70: 317–320., , , et al.
- 5Relapse of acute leukemia after marrow transplantation: Natural history and results of subsequent therapy. J Clin Oncol 1989; 7: 50–57., , , et al.
- 6Treatment of AML and MDS relapsing after reduced-intensity conditioning and allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Leukemia 2007; 21: 2540–2544., , , et al.
- 7Disease relapse after haematopoietic stem cell transplantation: Risk factors and treatment. Baillieres Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 2007; 20: 311–327., .
- 8Second allogeneic bone marrow transplantation in acute leukemia: Results of a survey by the European Cooperative Group for Blood and Marrow Transplantation. J Clin Oncol 2001; 19: 3675–3684., , , et al.
- 9Second transplant for acute and chronic leukemia relapsing after first HLA-identical sibling transplant. Bone Marrow Transplant 2004; 34: 721–727., , , et al.
- 10Disease burden may identify patients more likely to benefit from second allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation to treat relapsed acute myelogenous leukemia. Bone Marrow Transplant 2005; 36: 157–162., , , et al.
- 11Second allogeneic haematopoietic stem cell transplantation in relapsed acute and chronic leukaemias for patients who underwent a first allogeneic bone marrow transplantation: A survey of the Societe Francaise de Greffe de moelle (SFGM). Br J Haematol 2000; 108: 400–407., , , et al.
- 12Second HLA-identical sibling transplants for leukemia recurrence. Bone Marrow Transplant 1992; 9: 269–275., , , et al.
- 13Second allogeneic marrow transplantation for patients with recurrent leukemia after initial transplant with total-body irradiation-containing regimens. J Clin Oncol 1993; 11: 304–313., , , et al.
- 14Relapse of leukemia after bone marrow transplantation: Effect of second myeloablative therapy. Bone Marrow Transplant 1992; 9: 205–209., , , et al.
- 15Second allogeneic bone marrow transplantation for post-transplant leukemia relapse: Results of a survey of 66 cases in 24 Japanese institutes. Bone Marrow Transplant 1997; 19: 461–466., , , et al.
- 16Revised recommendations of the International working group for diagnosis, standardization of response criteria, treatment outcomes, and reporting standards for therapeutic trials in acute myeloid leukemia. J Clin Oncol 2003; 21: 4642–4649., , , et al.
- 17Low-dose cytarabine and aclarubicin in combination with granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (CAG regimen) for previously treated patients with relapsed or primary resistant acute myelogenous leukemia (AML) and previously untreated elderly patients with AML, secondary AML, and refractory anemia with excess blasts in transformation. Int J Hematol 2000; 71: 238–244., , , et al.
- 18Concurrent use of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor with low-dose cytosine arabinoside and aclarubicin for previously treated acute myelogenous leukemia: A pilot study. Leukemia 1995; 9: 10–14., , , et al.
- 19Outcomes of patients with AML and MDS who relapse or progress after reduced intensity allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplant 2007; 40: 1027–1032., , , et al.
- 20DLI: Where are we know? Hematology 2005; 10( Suppl 1): 115–116., , , et al.
- 21Cytoreduction, DLI, or mobilized peripheral blood progenitors. Ann Hematol 2002; 81( Suppl 2): S30–S33., , , et al.
- 22Outcomes among patients with recurrent high-risk hematologic malignancies after allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 2007; 13: 1160–1168., , , et al.
- 23Prospective trial of chemotherapy and donor leukocyte infusions for relapse of advanced myeloid malignancies after allogeneic stem-cell transplantation. J Clin Oncol 2002; 20: 405–412., , , et al.
- 24Second transplants for leukaemic relapse after bone marrow transplantation: High early mortality but favourable effect of chronic GVHD on continued remission. A report by the EBMT Leukaemia Working Party. Br J Haematol 1991; 79: 567–574., , , et al.