Conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
Reality of complementary and alternative medicine in lymphoma patients: Hope, hype, or help?†
Article first published online: 14 OCT 2009
Copyright © 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
American Journal of Hematology
Volume 84, Issue 12, pages 785–787, December 2009
How to Cite
Mallik, A. and Leonard, J. P. (2009), Reality of complementary and alternative medicine in lymphoma patients: Hope, hype, or help?. Am. J. Hematol., 84: 785–787. doi: 10.1002/ajh.21567
- Issue published online: 23 NOV 2009
- Article first published online: 14 OCT 2009
- Accepted manuscript online: 14 OCT 2009 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Received: 9 OCT 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 OCT 2009
- 1Available at: http://nccam.nih.gov. NCAM, 2004.
- 2The prevalence of complementary/alternative medicine in cancer. Cancer 1998; 83: 777–782..
- 3Cancer patients use unconventional medical therapies far more frequently than standard history and physical examination suggest. Cancer J 2001; 7: 149–154., , , , .
- 4Herbal remedies in the United States: Potential adverse interactions with anticancer agents. J Clin Oncol 2004; 22: 2489–2503., , , .
- 5Complementary and alternative therapeutic approaches in patients with early breast cancer: A systematic review. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2006; 95: 199–209., , , , .
- 6Impacting quality of life for patients with advanced cancer with a structured multidisciplinary intervention: A randomized controlled trial. J Clin Oncol 2006; 24: 635–642., , , et al.
- 7Complementary and alternative medicine use among long-term survivors: A pilot study. Am J Hematol 2009; 84: in press in this issue., , , et al.
- 8Psychological status in childhood cancer survivors: A report from the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study. J Clin Oncol 2009; 27: 2396–2404., , , et al.
- 9The attitudes of physicians and oncologists towards unconventional cancer therapies (UCT). Eur J Cancer 2000; 36: 2090–2095., , , .
- 10Complementary and alternative medicine: Opportunities and challenges for cancer management and research. Semin Oncol 2002; 29: 531–545., .
- 11Do cancer patients with a poor prognosis use complementary and alternative medicine more often than others? J Altern Complement Med 2009; 15: 35–40., , .