This work has been presented at the 52nd American Society of Hematology meeting in Orlando, FL.
Tailored temozolomide therapy according to MGMT methylation status for elderly patients with acute myeloid leukemia†
Article first published online: 4 NOV 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
American Journal of Hematology
Volume 87, Issue 1, pages 45–50, January 2012
How to Cite
Medeiros, B. C., Kohrt, H. E., Gotlib, J., Coutre, S. E., Zhang, B., Arber, D. A. and Zehnder, J. L. (2012), Tailored temozolomide therapy according to MGMT methylation status for elderly patients with acute myeloid leukemia. Am. J. Hematol., 87: 45–50. doi: 10.1002/ajh.22191
- Issue published online: 16 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 4 NOV 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 21 SEP 2011 09:01AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Received: 12 JUN 2011
- Schering-Plough and ASCO Young Investigator Award in Geriatric Cancer
- 3http://seer.cancer.gov.laneproxy.stanford.edu/csr/1975_2004/, based on November 2006 SEER data submission, posted to the SEER web site, 2007. Accessed September 14, 2010., , . SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975-2004, National Cancer Institute. Bethesda, MD. Available at:
- 17Depletion of mammalian O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase activity by O6-benzylguanine provides a means to evaluate the role of this protein in protection against carcinogenic and therapeutic alkylating agents. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1990; 87: 5368–5372., , .
- 25The haematopoietic cell transplantation comorbidity index score is predictive of early death and survival in patients over 60 years of age receiving induction therapy for acute myeloid leukaemia. Br J Haemat 2007; 136: 624–627., , , et al.
- 29A comparison of low-dose cytarabine and hydrxyurea with or without all-trans retinoic acid for acute myeloid leukemia and high-risk myelodysplastic syndrome in patients not considered fir for intensive therapy. Cancer 2007; 109: 1114–1124., , , et al.
- 31Continued low-dose decitabine (DAC) is an active first-line treatment in all cytogenetic groups of older AML patients. Results of the FR00331 multicenter phase II study. Blood 2007; 110: 300., , , et al.
- 40Identification of AML and MDS patients who could potentially benefit from temozolomide therapy: proportion of patients with low methyl guanine methyltransferase (MGMT) expression level. Blood (ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts) 2010; 116: 3985., , , et al.