Conflict of interest: Nothing to report.
Solving Clinical Problems in Blood Diseases
Methemoglobinemia and hemolysis in a patient with G6PD deficiency treated with rasburicase
Version of Record online: 10 MAY 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
American Journal of Hematology
Volume 88, Issue 2, pages 152–154, February 2013
How to Cite
Sonbol, M. B., Yadav, H., Vaidya, R., Rana, V. and Witzig, T. E. (2013), Methemoglobinemia and hemolysis in a patient with G6PD deficiency treated with rasburicase. Am. J. Hematol., 88: 152–154. doi: 10.1002/ajh.23182
A physician or group of physicians considers presentation and evolution of a real clinical case, reacting to clinical information and data (boldface type). This is followed by a discussion/commentary
- Issue online: 24 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 10 MAY 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 12 MAR 2012 05:06AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Received: 21 FEB 2012
- 5Control of plasma uric acid in adults at risk for tumor Lysis syndrome: Efficacy and safety of rasburicase alone and rasburicase followed by allopurinol compared with allopurinol alone—Results of a multicenter phase III study. J Clin Oncol 2010;28:4207–4213., , , et al.
- 8Rasburicase (Elitek): A novel agent for tumor lysis syndrome. Proc (Bayl Univ Med Cent) 2005;18:275–279..
- 14Pulse oximetry. Indian J Anaesth 2002;46:261–268..