Conflict of interest: Authors have received research grants from Novartis, Pfizer, and BMS.
Annual Clinical Updates in Hematological Malignancies
Version of Record online: 23 OCT 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
American Journal of Hematology
Volume 87, Issue 11, pages 1037–1045, November 2012
How to Cite
Jabbour, E. and Kantarjian, H. (2012), Chronic myeloid leukemia: 2012 update on diagnosis, monitoring, and management . Am. J. Hematol., 87: 1037–1045. doi: 10.1002/ajh.23282
Annual Clinical Updates in Hematological Malignancies: A Continuing Medical Education Series
- Issue online: 23 OCT 2012
- Version of Record online: 23 OCT 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 8 JUN 2012 06:30AM EST
- Manuscript Received: 22 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 MAY 2012
- 10An evidence-based analysis of the effect of busulfan, hydroxyurea, interferon, and allogeneic bone marrow transplantation in treating the chronic phase of chronic myeloid leukemia: Developed for the American Society of Hematology. Blood 1999; 94: 1517–1536., , , et al.
- 11International randomized study of interferon vs. STI571 (IRIS) 8-year follow up: Sustained survival and low risk for progression of events in patients with newly diagnosed chronic myeloid leukemia in chronic phase (CML-CP) treated with imatinib. Blood 2009; 114., , , et al.
- 17Discovery of N-(2-chloro-6-methyl- phenyl)-2-(6-(4-(2-hydroxyethyl)- piperazin-1-yl)-2-methylpyrimidin-4- ylamino)thiazole-5-carboxamide (BMS-354825), a dual Src/Abl kinase inhibitor with potent antitumor activity in preclinical assays. J Med Chem 2004; 47: 6658–6661., , , et al.
- 22Dasatinib versus Imatinib in patients with newly diagnosed chronic myeloid leukemia in chronic phase (CML-CP) in the DASISION trial: 18-Month follow-up. Blood 2010; 21., , , et al.
- 37Bristol-Myers Squibb Company. Sprycel® (dasatinib) prescribing information. Princeton, NJ., 2011.
- 38Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation. Tasigna® (nilotinib) prescribing information. East Hanover, NJ., 2011.
- 40Impact of second-generation tyrosine kinase inhibitors as second line treatment for patients with chronic myeloid leukemia. Blood 2011; 118: 632., , , et al.
- 41Efficacy of nilotinib versus high-dose imatinib in early chronic phase CML patients who have suboptimal molecular responses to standard-dose imatinib (RE-NICE multicenter study). Blood 2011; 118: 632., , , et al.
- 42Dasatinib or high-dose imatinib for chronic-phase chronic myeloid leukemia resistant to imatinib at a dose of 400 to 600 milligrams daily: Two-year follow-up of a randomized phase 2 study (START-R). Cancer 2009; 115: 4136–4147., , , et al.
- 43Upfront imatinib therapy in CML patients with rapid switching to nilotinib for failure to achieve molecular targets or intolerance achieves high overall rates of molecular response and a low risk of progression—An update of the TIDEL-II trial. Blood 2011; 118: 632., , , et al.
- 46A phase 1 trial of oral AP24534 in patients with refractory chronic myeloid leukemia and other hematologic malignancies: First results of safety and clinical activity against T315I and resistant mutations. Blood 2009; 114: 643., , , et al.
- 47Initial findings from the PACE trial: A pivotal phase 2 study of ponatinib in patients with CML and Ph+ ALL resistant or intolerant to dasatinib or nilotinib, or with the T315I mutation. Blood 2011; 118: 109., , , et al.
- 53Validation of the New European LeukemiaNet (ELN) recommendations for Bcr-Abl kinase domain mutation analysis in chronic myeloid leukemia: An analysis of the GIMEMA CML working party studies. Blood 2011; 118: 112., , , et al.
- 57Intergroupe Français des leucémies myéloïdes chroniques. Discontinuation of imatinib in patients with chronic myeloid leukaemia who have maintained complete molecular remission for at least 2 years: The prospective, multicentre stop imatinib (STIM) trial. Lancet Oncol 2010; 11: 1029–1135., , , et al;
- 58Discontinuation of imatinib in patients with chronic myeloid leukemia who have maintained complete molecular response: Update results of the STIM study [ASH abstract 603]. Blood 2011; 118., , , et al.
- 60Nilotinib in chronic myeloid leukemia patients in accelerated phase (CML-AP) with imatinib resistance or intolerance: 24-Month follow-up results of a phase 2 study. Hematologica 2009; 94( Suppl 2): 256., , et al.