Conflict of interest: Nothing to report
A Continuing Medical Education Series
Acute myeloid leukemia: 2013 update on risk-stratification and management
Article first published online: 25 MAR 2013
Copyright © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
American Journal of Hematology
Volume 88, Issue 4, pages 317–327, April 2013
How to Cite
Estey, E. H. (2013), Acute myeloid leukemia: 2013 update on risk-stratification and management. Am. J. Hematol., 88: 317–327. doi: 10.1002/ajh.23404
- Issue published online: 25 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 25 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 22 JAN 2013
- 4Declining rates of treatment-related mortality in patients with newly diagnosed acute myeloid leukemia (AML) given “intensive” induction regimens: A Report From the Southwest Oncology Group (SWOG) and MD Anderson Cancer Center (MDA). ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts, 2012. 120:129.et al.
- 11The clinical role of microRNAs in cytogenetically normal acute myeloid leukemia: miR-155 upregulation independently identifies high-risk patients. J Clin Oncol, in press., , , et al.
- 13Time from diagnosis to intensive chemotherapy initiation does not adversely impact the outcome of patients with acute myeloid leukemia. Blood, in press., , , et al.
- 20American Society of Hematology Education Program; Minimal residual disease in acute myeloid leukemia coming of age: 2012, p. 35..
- 22Preliminary Results of Southwest Oncology Group Study S0106: An International Intergroup Phase 3 Randomized Trial Comparing the Addition of Gemtuzumab Ozogamicin to Standard Induction Therapy Versus Standard Induction Therapy Followed by a Second Randomization to Post-Consolidation Gemtuzumab Ozogamicin Versus No Additional Therapy for Previously Untreated Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Blood (ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts), 2009, 114., , , et al.
- 30ATRA and arsenic trioxide (ATO) versus ATRA and idarubicin (AIDA) for newly diagnosed, non high-risk acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL): Results of the phase III, prospective, randomized, intergroup APL0406 study by the Italian-German Cooperative Groups Gimema-SAL-AMLSG. ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts 2012;120:6., Avvisati G, Orlando SM, et al.
- 31Final results of a phase 2 open-label, monotherapy efficacy and safety study of quizartinib (AC220) in patients >= 60 years of age with FLT3 ITD positive or negative relapsed/refractory acute myeloid leukemia. ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts 2012;120:48., Perl AE, Dombret H, et al.
- 32Final results of a phase 2 open-label, monotherapy efficacy and safety study of quizartinib (AC220) in patients with FLT3-ITD positive or negative relapsed/refractory acute myeloid leukemia after second-line chemotherapy or hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts 2012;120:673., Perl AE, Dombret H, et al.
- 33Crenolanib (CP-868,596) is a potent and selective type I FLT3 inhibitor that retains activity against AC220 resistance-causing FLT3 kinase domain mutants. ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts 2012;120:141., , Mccreery M, et al.
- 34Sorafenib versus placebo in addition to standard therapy in adult patients >=60 years with newly diagnosed acute myeloid leukemia: Results from the randomized-controlled soraml trial. ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts 2012;120:144., Muller-Tidow C, Huttmann A, et al.
- 36A comparison of daunorubicin/Ara-C (DA) versus daunorubicin/clofarabine (DClo) and two versus three courses of total treatment for older patients with AML and high risk MDS: Results of the UK NCRI AML16 Trial. ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts 2012;120:892., Russell NH, Kell J, et al.
- 37A randomised comparison of clofarabine versus low dose Ara-C as first line treatment for older patients with AML. ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts 2012;120:889., Russell NH, McMullin MF, et al.
- 41Multicenter, randomized, open-label, phase III trial of decitabine versus patient choice, with physician advice, of either supportive care or low-dose cytarabine for the treatment of older patients with newly diagnosed acute myeloid leukemia. J Clin Oncol 2012;30:2670–2677., Thomas XG, Dmoszynska A, et al.
- 43Maintenance therapy with decitabine in younger adults with acute myeloid leukemia (AML) in first remission: A Phase II cancer and leukemia group B study (CALGB 10503, Alliance). ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts 2012;120:44., Sanford B, Klisovic RB, et al.
- 44Azacitidine-containing induction regimens followed by azacitidine maintenance therapy in high risk acute myeloid leukemia: First results of the randomized phase-II AMLSG 12-09 study (ClinicalTrials.gov No. NCT01180322). ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts 120:412., Herr W, Wulf G, et al.
- 45Results from the dose escalation phase of a randomized phase 1–2 first-in-human (FIH) study of SGI-110, a novel low volume stable subcutaneous (SQ) second generation hypomethylating agent (HMA) in patients with relapsed/refractory MDS and AML. Blood (ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts) 2012 120:Abstract 414., Roboz GJ, Rizzieri DA, et al.
- 46Phase I/II study of volasertib (BI 6727), an intravenous polo-like kinase (Plk) inhibitor, in patients with acute myeloid leukemia (AML): Results from the randomized phase II part for volasertib in combination with low-dose cytarabine (LDAC) versus LDAC monotherapy in patients with previously untreated AML ineligible for intensive treatment. ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts 120:411., Lubbert M, Fiedler W, et al.
- 52Cytarabine dose for acute myeloid leukemia. N Engl J Med 2011;364:1027–1036., Pabst T, Vellenga E, et al.
- 55CSL362: A monoclonal antibody to human interleukin-3 receptor (CD123), optimized for NK cell-mediated cytotoxicity of AML stem cells. ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts 2012;120:3598., Biondo M, Wong M, et al.