Amer M. Zeidan and Michael B. Streiff contributed equally to this article.
Impact of a venous thromboembolism prophylaxis “smart order set”: Improved compliance, fewer events
Version of Record online: 12 JUN 2013
Copyright © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
American Journal of Hematology
Volume 88, Issue 7, pages 545–549, July 2013
How to Cite
Zeidan, A. M., Streiff, M. B., Lau, B. D., Ahmed, S.-R., Kraus, P. S., Hobson, D. B., Carolan, H., Lambrianidi, C., Horn, P. B., Shermock, K. M., Tinoco, G., Siddiqui, S. and Haut, E. R. (2013), Impact of a venous thromboembolism prophylaxis “smart order set”: Improved compliance, fewer events. Am. J. Hematol., 88: 545–549. doi: 10.1002/ajh.23450
This study was presented in part at the 53rd Annual American Society of Hematology meeting in San Diego, December 10–13, 2011.
- Issue online: 18 JUN 2013
- Version of Record online: 12 JUN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 4 APR 2013 02:25AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 9 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 14 JAN 2013
- 7The venous thrombotic risk in non-surgical patients: Epidemiological data and efficacy/safety profile of a low-molecular-weight heparin (enoxaparin). The Prime Study Group. Haemostasis 1996;26 (Suppl 2):49–56., , .
- 13Thromboprophylaxis in non-surgical patients. Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program 2012;2012:631–637., .
- 19US Department of Health and Human Services. The Surgeon General's Call to Action to Prevent Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism. 2008. (Available at: at: http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/topics/deepvein/ on August 30, 2010).
- 21Making Health Care Safer II: An Updated Critical Analysis of the Evidence for Patient Safety Practices. Evidence Report No. 211. AHRQ 2013; Publication No. 13-E001-EF., , , et al.
- 28Optimizing prevention of hospital-acquired venous thromboembolism (VTE): Prospective validation of a VTE risk assessment model. J Hosp Med 2010;5:10–18., , , et al.
- 29Improved prophylaxis and decreased preventable harm with a mandatory computerized clinical decision support tool for venous thromboembolism (VTE) prophylaxis in trauma. JAMA-Surg 2012;147:901–907., , , et al.
- 36Subcommittee on Control of Anticoagulation of the Scientific and Standardization Committee of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis. Definition of major bleeding in clinical investigations of antihemostatic medicinal products in non-surgical patients. J Thromb Haemost 2005;3:692–694., ,
- 41Patterns of non-administration of ordered doses of venous thromboembolism prophylaxis: Implications for novel intervention strategies. Abstract; 2013. International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research., , , et al.