A physician or group of physicians considers presentation and evolution of a real clinical case, reacting to clinical information and data (boldface type). This is followed by a discussion/commentary
Clinical Pearls in Blood Diseases
Primary refractory Hodgkin lymphoma: Limited options and poor survival—but not always
Article first published online: 10 APR 2014
© 2014 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
American Journal of Hematology
Volume 89, Issue 8, pages 853–857, August 2014
How to Cite
Gavini, A., Reagan, J. L., Winer, E. S. and Castillo, J. J. (2014), Primary refractory Hodgkin lymphoma: Limited options and poor survival—but not always. Am. J. Hematol., 89: 853–857. doi: 10.1002/ajh.23660
Conflict of interest: The authors have no conflict of interest to disclose
- Issue published online: 14 JUL 2014
- Article first published online: 10 APR 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 2 JAN 2014 12:40AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 23 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Received: 4 NOV 2013
- 2Disparate survival and risk of secondary non-Hodgkin lymphoma in histologic subtypes of Hodgkin lymphoma: a population-based study. Leuk Lymphoma. 2013 Nov 12. [Epub ahead of print], .
- 4A meta-analysis of the incidence of non-AIDS cancers in HIV-infected individuals. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 2009;52:611–622., , , .
- 21Prognostic factors and long-term outcome of autologous haematopoietic stem cell transplantation following a uniform-modified BEAM-conditioning regimen for patients with refractory or relapsed Hodgkin lymphoma: A single-center experience. Med Oncol 2013;30:611., , , et al.
- 22Allogeneic stem cell transplantation after reduced intensity conditioning in patients with relapsed or refractory Hodgkin's lymphoma. Results of the HDR-ALLO study—A prospective clinical trial by the Grupo Espanol de Linfomas/Trasplante de Medula Osea (GEL/TAMO) and the Lymphoma Working Party of the European Group for Blood and Marrow Transplantation. Haematologica 2012;97:310–317., , , et al.
- 24National Comprehensive Cancer Network [website]. Hodgkin lymphoma, version 2.2013. Available at www.nccn.org. Accessed on December 18, 2013.
- 41CD68 tumor-associated macrophage marker is not prognostic of clinical outcome in Classical Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Leuk Lymphoma. 2013 Sep 25. [Epub ahead of print], , , et al.
- 43Early interim 2-[18F]fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose positron emission tomography is prognostically superior to international prognostic score in advanced-stage Hodgkin's lymphoma: A report from a joint Italian-Danish study. J Clin Oncol 2007;25:3746–3752., , , et al.