Hans K. Åkerblom is an emeritus professor of pediatrics, University of Helsinki. He has over the last two decades studied the epidemiology, etiology and pathogenesis, prediction and prevention of type 1 diabetes in children. He is the Principal Investigator of the international nutritional primary prevention study TRIGR.
Environmental factors in the etiology of type 1 diabetes
Version of Record online: 26 MAR 2002
Copyright © 2002 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
American Journal of Medical Genetics
Special Issue: The Genetics of Diabetes Mellitus
Volume 115, Issue 1, pages 18–29, 30 May 2002
How to Cite
Åkerblom, H. K., Vaarala, O., Hyöty, H., Ilonen, J. and Knip, M. (2002), Environmental factors in the etiology of type 1 diabetes. Am. J. Med. Genet., 115: 18–29. doi: 10.1002/ajmg.10340
- Issue online: 22 OCT 2002
- Version of Record online: 26 MAR 2002
- Diabetes Research Foundation (Finland)
- Wilhelm and Else Stockmann Foundation
- Novo Nordisk Foundation
- Juvenile Diabetes Foundation International. Grant Numbers: 192612, 193101, 195003, 197114, 395019
- Sigrid Jusélius Foundation
- Finnish Academy
- Association of Finnish Life Insurance Companies
- National Institutes of Health (Bethesda, MD). Grant Numbers: DK-37957, HD 40364
- University of Helsinki
- European Commission DGXII. Grant Numbers: BMH4-CT96-0233, IC15-CT98-0316
- Helsinki University Central Hospital
- Dorothea Olivia, Karl Walter and Jarl Walter Perkĺn Memorial Fund
- “Liv och Hälsa” Fund
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!