Different phenotypic expression in monozygotic twins with Huntington disease
Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2003
Copyright © 2003 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
American Journal of Medical Genetics Part A
Volume 124A, Issue 1, pages 89–91, 1 January 2004
How to Cite
Anca, M.H., Gazit, E., Loewenthal, R., Ostrovsky, O., Frydman, M. and Giladi, N. (2004), Different phenotypic expression in monozygotic twins with Huntington disease. Am. J. Med. Genet., 124A: 89–91. doi: 10.1002/ajmg.a.20328
- Issue online: 11 DEC 2003
- Version of Record online: 18 JUL 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 APR 2003
- Manuscript Received: 1 NOV 2002
- 1998. [11C] raclopride-PET studies of the Huntington's disease rate of progression: Relevance of the trinucleotide repeat length. Ann Neurol 43: 253–255. , , .
- 1994. CAG repeat size and clinical presentation in Huntington's disease. Neurology 44: 1137–1143. , , , , .
- 1975. Monozygotic twins with Huntington's disease in a family expressing the rigid variant. Neurology 25: 1126–1129. , .
- 1997. The likelihood of being affected with Huntington disease by a particular age, for a specific CAG size. Am J Hum Genet 60: 1202–1210. , , , , .
- 1993. Trinucleotide repeat length instability and age of onset in Huntington's disease. Nat Genet 4: 387–392. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Relationship between trinucleotide repeats and neuropathological changes in Huntington's disease. Ann Neurol 39: 132–136. , , , , , .
- 1999. Differential clinical and motor control function in a pair of monozygotic twins with Huntington's disease. Mov Disord 14: 320–325. , , , , , .
- 1999. Age of onset in Huntington disease: Sex specific influence of apolipoprotein E genotype and normal CAG repeat length. J Med Genet 36: 108–111. , , , , .
- 2000. Dramatic mutation instability in HD mouse striatum: Does polyglutamine load contribute to cell-specific vulnerability in Huntington's disease? Hum Mol Genet 9: 2539–2544. , .
- 1999. Juvenile Huntington's disease confirmed by genetic examination in twins. Arq Neuropsiquiatr 57(3B): 867–869. , , , , .
- 1999. Evidence for the GluR6 gene associated with younger onset age of Huntington's disease. Neurology 53: 1330–1332. , , , , , , , .
- 1993. Molecular analysis and clinical correlations of the Huntington's disease mutation. Lancet 342(8877): 954–958. , , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Genetic testing of children at risk for Huntington's disease. US Huntington Disease Genetic Testing Group. Neurology 49: 1048–1053. .
- 1973. Discordant features of monozygotic twin sisters with Huntington's chorea. Adv Neurol 1: 199–201. .
- 1999. Apolipoprotein E and presenilin-1 genotypes in Huntington's disease. J Neurol 246: 574–577. , , , , .
- 2002. Early mitochondrial calcium defects in Huntington's disease are a direct effect of polyglutamines. Nat Neurosci 5: 731–736. , , , , , , .
- 1995. Unstable genes—unstable mind? Am J Psychiatry 154: 164–172. , .
- 2002. Sources of influence on rate of cognitive change over time in Swedish twins: An application of latent growth models. Exp Aging Res 28(4): 407–433. , , , .
- 1997. Genotypes at the GluR6 kainate receptor locus are associated with variation in the age of onset of Huntington disease. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 94(8): 3872–3876. , , , , , , .
- 1969. Chorea Huntington and epilepsy in monozygotic twins. Eur Neurol 2: 250–255. .
- 1993. Relationship between trinucleotide repeat expansion and phenotypic variation in Huntington's disease. Nat Genet 4(4): 393–397. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. CAG mutation effect on rate of progression in Huntington's disease. Neurol Sci 23(Suppl 2): S107–S108. , , .
- 1983. Huntington's disease in monozygotic twins reared apart. J Med Genet 20(6): 408–411. , , .
- The Huntington's Disease Collaborative Research Group. 1993. A novel gene containing a trinucleotide repeat that is expanded and unstable on Huntington's disease chromosomes. Cell 72: 971–983.
- 1993. A new polymerase chain reaction (PCR) assay for the trinucleotide repeat that is unstable and expanded on Huntington's disease chromosomes. Mol Cell Probes 7(3): 235–239. , , .