The authors are investigators in the Queens, New York (1) and Orange County, California (2) Vanguard Centers of the National Children's Study.
Version of Record online: 17 JAN 2008
Copyright © 2008 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
American Journal of Medical Genetics Part A
Volume 146A, Issue 3, pages 294–296, 1 February 2008
How to Cite
Landrigan, P. J., Trasande, L. and Swanson, J. M. (2008), Genetics, altruism, and the National Children's Study. Am. J. Med. Genet., 146A: 294–296. doi: 10.1002/ajmg.a.32148
The content of this publication does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the Department of Health and Human Services, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.
How to cite this article: Landrigan PJ, Trasande L, Swanson JM. 2008. Genetics, altruism, and the National Children's Study. Am J Med Genet Part A 146A:294–296.
- Issue online: 25 JAN 2008
- Version of Record online: 17 JAN 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 OCT 2007
- Manuscript Received: 2 OCT 2007
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
- National Institutes of Health. Grant Number: HHSN275200503411C/N01-HD-5-3411
- CDC. 1998. Surveillance for asthma—United States, 1960–1995. MMWR 47: 1–28.
- CDC. 1999. Achievements in public health, 1900–1999: Decline in deaths from heart disease and stroke—United States, 1900–1999. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 48: 649–656.
- CDC. 2007. Prevalence of autism spectrum disorders—Autism and developmental disabilities monitoring network, 14 sites, United States, 2002. MMWR 56: 12–27.
- 2005. Developmental pesticide models of the Parkinson disease phenotype. Environ Health Perspect 113: 1263–1270. , , , .
- 1960. Summary of recent literature regarding cigarette smoking and coronary heart disease. Circulation 22: 164–166. .
- 2005. Methodologic and logistic issues in conducting longitudinal birth cohort studies: Lessons learned from the Centers for Children's Environmental Health and Disease Prevention Research. Environ Health Perspect 113: 1419–1429. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Racial and ethnic differences in secular trends for childhood BMI, weight and height. Obesity 14: 301–308. , , , , .
- 2007. Prevalence, recognition, and treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in a national sample of US children. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 161: 857–864. , , , , , .
- 2004. The effect of air pollution on lung development from 10 to 18 years of age. N Engl J Med 351: 1057–1067. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Developmental neurotoxicity of industrial chemicals: A silent pandemic. Lancet 6736: 69665–69667. , .
- 2007. Empirical data about women's attitudes towards a biobank focused on pregnancy outcomes. Am J Med Genet Part A (in press). , , , .
- 1961. Factors for risk in development of coronary heart disease–six year follow-up experience: The Framingham Heart Study. Ann Intern Med 55: 33–50. , , , , .
- 1978. Hypertension and cardiac impairments increase stroke risk. Geriatrics 33: 71–83. , , .
- 2007. Empirical data about women's attitudes towards a hypothetical pediatric biobank. Am J Med Genet Part A (in press). , , , .
- 1997. Hypospadias trends in two US surveillance systems. Pediatrics 100: 831–834. , , .
- 2006. Impact of prenatal chlorpyrifos exposure on neurodevelopment in the first 3 years of life among inner-city children. Pediatrics 118: e1845–e1859. , , , , , , , , .
- 1995. Assessment of environmental and genetic factors in the etiology of childhood cancers: The Childrens Cancer Group epidemiology program. Environ Health Perspect 103: 111–116. , , .
- 1999. Re: Brain and other central nervous system cancers: Recent trends in incidence and mortality. J Natl Cancer Inst 91: 2050–2051. .
- 2001. Epidemic increase in childhood overweight, 1986–1998. JAMA 286: 2845–2848. , .
- 2005. Epidemiology of gastroschisis in metropolitan Atlanta, 1968 through 2000. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 73: 177–183. , , , , .
- 2007. Prenatal pesticide and PCB exposures and birth outcomes. Pediatr Res 61: 243–250. , , , , , , .