This article is a US Government work and, as such, is in the public domain in the United States of America.
Article first published online: 15 SEP 2008
Copyright © 2008 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
American Journal of Medical Genetics Part A
Volume 146A, Issue 20, pages 2701–2705, 15 October 2008
How to Cite
Petersen, E. E., Mitchell, A. A., Carey, J. C., Werler, M. M., Louik, C. and Rasmussen, S. A. (2008), Maternal exposure to statins and risk for birth defects: A case-series approach. Am. J. Med. Genet., 146A: 2701–2705. doi: 10.1002/ajmg.a.32493
The findings and conclusions in this report are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official position of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Following completion of this manuscript, Dr. Mitchell was approached by Merck and served as a consultant regarding an assessment of statin safety in pregnancy.
How to cite this article: Petersen EE, Mitchell AA, Carey JC, Werler MM, Louik C, Rasmussen SA, the National Birth Defects Prevention Study. 2008. Maternal exposure to statins and risk for birth defects: A case-series approach. Am J Med Genet Part A 146A:2701–2705.
- Issue published online: 24 SEP 2008
- Article first published online: 15 SEP 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 JUN 2008
- Manuscript Received: 31 AUG 2007
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. Grant Number: HD27697
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. Grant Number: HL 50763
- Massachusetts Center for Birth Defects Research and Prevention, Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- Aventis, Inc.
- Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
- CDC Foundation
This article has been cited by:
- 1Drugs During Pregnancy and Lactation, 2015,, ,
- 2Challenges of studying drugs in pregnancy for off-label indications: Pravastatin for preeclampsia prevention, Seminars in Perinatology, 2014, 38, 8, 523, , ,
- 3Prediction and prevention of ischemic placental disease, Seminars in Perinatology, 2014, 38, 3, 177, ,
- 4Teratogenic Mechanisms Associated with Prenatal Medication Exposure, Thérapie, 2014, 69, 1, 13, , , ,
- 6Are statins teratogenic in humans? Addressing the safety of statins in light of potential benefits during pregnancy, Expert Review of Obstetrics & Gynecology, 2013, 8, 6, 513, , , , ,
- 8Statins in pregnancy, Current Opinion in Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2013, 25, 6, 433, ,
- 9Management of pregnancy in women with type 1 diabetes mellitus: Guidelines of the French-Speaking Diabetes Society (Société francophone du diabète [SFD]), Diabetes & Metabolism, 2012, 38, 3, 205, , , , , , , ,
- 10Simvastatin modulates mouse embryonic stem cell-derived chondrogenesis in vitro, Toxicology in Vitro, 2012, 26, 7, 1170, , , , , ,
- 11Statin use during pregnancy: a systematic review and meta-analysis, Expert Review of Cardiovascular Therapy, 2012, 10, 3, 363, , , , , , ,
- 12Statins and Pregnancy, Drugs, 2012, 72, 6, 773, , , , , ,
- 13Arzneimittel in Schwangerschaft und Stillzeit, 2012,
- 15Prise en charge de la grossesse au cours du diabète de type 1, Médecine des Maladies Métaboliques, 2011, 5, 1, 91, , , , , , , ,
- 16Prise en charge de la grossesse au cours du diabète de type 1, Médecine des Maladies Métaboliques, 2011, 5, 1, 7, , , , , , , ,
- 17Tratamiento de la dislipemia en grupos especiales: ancianos y embarazadas, Clínica e Investigación en Arteriosclerosis, 2011, 23, 1, 31,
- 21How I treat the antiphospholipid syndrome, Blood, 2009, 114, 10, 2020, ,
- 22Pregnancy in women suffering from familial hypercholesterolemia: a harmful period for both mother and newborn?, Current Opinion in Lipidology, 2009, 20, 6, 484, , , , , , ,