How to Cite this Article: Shanske AL. 2010. Introductory comments on special section—New developments in craniofacial biology: Putting on a happy face. Am J Med Genet Part A 152A:2943–2946.
Introductory comments on special section—New developments in craniofacial biology: Putting on a happy face†
Article first published online: 26 AUG 2010
Copyright © 2010 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
American Journal of Medical Genetics Part A
Volume 152A, Issue 12, pages 2943–2946, December 2010
How to Cite
Shanske, A. L. (2010), Introductory comments on special section—New developments in craniofacial biology: Putting on a happy face. Am. J. Med. Genet., 152A: 2943–2946. doi: 10.1002/ajmg.a.33614
- Issue published online: 23 NOV 2010
- Article first published online: 26 AUG 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 JUN 2010
- Manuscript Received: 24 JUN 2010
- 2005. The axial skeleton of the Devonian tetrapod ichthyostega. Nature 437: 137–140. , , .
- 1994. Interaction of endothelin-3 with endothelin-B receptor is essential for development of epidermal melanocytes and enteric neurons. Cell 79: 1277–1285. , , , , , , .
- 1989. Sensitive analysis of retinyl esters by isocratic adsorption chromatography. J Clin Chem Clin Biochem 27: 65–74. , .
- 2006. Looking different: Understanding diversity in facial form. Am J Med Genet Part A 140A: 2521–2529. , , .
- 2010. Craniofacial ciliopathies: A new classification for craniofacial disorders. Am J Med Genet Part A 152A, this issue. , , .
- Centers for Disease Control in press. Birth Defects Research and Prevention at http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/bd/centers.htm.
- 2004. Understanding endothelin-1 function during craniofacial development in the mouse and zebrafish. Birth Defects Res (Part C) 72: 190–199. , .
- 2010. Regulation of facial morphogenesis by endothelin signaling: Insights from mice and fish. Am J Med Genet Part A 152A, this issue. , , .
- 2010. Cranial neural crest cells on the move: Their roles in craniofacial development. Am J Med Genet Part A 152A, this issue. , , , , , .
- 2006. Tcof1/Treacle is required for neural crest cell formation and proliferation deficiencies that cause craniofacial abnormalities. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 103: 13403–13408. , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Retinoid signaling in inner ear development: A “Goldilocks” phenomenon. Am J Med Genet Part A 152A, this issue. , , , , , , , .
- 2001. In vivo modulation of FGF biological activity alters cranial suture fate. Am J Pathol 158: 441–452. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. The neural crest as a fourth germ layer and vertebrates as quadroblastic not triploblastic. Evol Dev 2: 3–5. .
- 2005. New insight into craniofacial morphogenesis. Development 132: 851–861. , , .
- 1994. Targeted and natural (piebald-lethal) mutations of endothelin-B receptor gene produce megacolon associated with spotted coat color in mice. Cell 79: 1267–1276. , , , , , , .
- 2008. Prevention of the neurocristopathy Treacher Collins syndrome through inhibition of p53 function. Nat Med 14: 125–133. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Genetic basis for treatment of craniosynostosis. Am J Med Genet Part A 152A, this issue. , , , .
- 2010. Lrp4: A novel modulator of extracellular signaling in craniofacial organogenesis. Am J Med Genet, this issue. , , , , .
- 2002. The retinoic acid receptors RARα and RARγ are required for inner ear development. Mech Dev 199: 213–223. , , , , , .
- 2006. Retinoid signaling in inner ear development. J Neurobiol 66: 687–704. , , .
- 2007. RNA interference and inhibition of MEK-ERK signaling prevent abnormal skeletal phenotypes in a mouse model of craniosynostosis. Nat Genet 39: 1145–1150. , , , , .
- 2010. Congenital craniofacial birth defects: The role of neural crest cells in their etiology and pathogenesis of Treacher Collins syndrome and the potential for prevention. Am J Med Genet Part A 152A, this issue. .
- WHO. 2001. Report of a WHO Registry Meeting on Craniofacial Anomalies, Bauru, Brazil, 4–6 December 2001. Human Genetics Programme, Management of Noncommunicable Diseases, Geneva, Switzerland, p 15.
- 2007. Cancer drugs to treat birth defects. Nat Genet 39: 1057–1059. .
- 2001. Genetics of craniofacial development and malformation. Nature 2: 458–468. , .
- 1988. A novel potent vasoconstrictor peptide produced by vascular endothelial cells. Nature 332: 411–415. , , , , , , , , .